FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

some functionality may not work correctly

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sdled

Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:59 pm

some functionality may not work correctly

how do i launch any character without having to exit game (wow)

hello it has been awhile since i Multiboxed but i remember i was able to do this at onetime

here is what is happening:

launch character set jujubeans
2 accounts 2 team
jujubeans1/jujubeans2
wow launches and i am at the character select screen
i select jujubeans1 on account 1 then i select jujubeans2 on account 2
i then decide to play jujubeans3 on account 1 and jujubeans4 on account 2
so i logout on account 1 and select jujubeans3 on account 1 and log out on account 2 and select jujubeans4 on account 2
when the characters load i get message box : character in wrong window? isboxer expected jujubeans1 but got jujubeans 3. some functionality may not work correctly
same for account 2
so i have to exit game in both accounts to launch another character set

what i want to do but for the life of me i cannot figure it out is:

to logout and select different character on account 1 or account 2 not exit game

i am using 1 computer multi monitor setup mmo standard
everything works except the ability to launch any character without having to exit game
tried launch in character set and character set slots
please help thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:27 pm

Re: some functionality may not work correctly

If you did it some time before, the process is the same as always:
FAQ: Is there a way to switch Character Sets without closing WoW?

The entire issue is that ISBoxer Addon sets up character-specific Macros for you (e.g. to follow and assist your other toons), and those load from a character-specific file when the Addon is loaded. When you log in a different character, the name does not match what was loaded from the character-specific file -- because ISBoxer is unaware you wanted to switch Character Sets. So the solution is to go to a point where the ISBoxer Addon is not loaded (i.e. Character Selection screen), then select your Character Set to launch again (because it's already running, it's just going to adjust the already open windows), and then enter the game with the new characters. When the ISBoxer Addon loads again as you enter the game, it should load from the correct files.
<<

sdled

Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:23 pm

thanks lax for you response
maybe that is where my problem is:
ISBoxer Addon sets up character-specific Macros

it seems last time i had set up my own keymaps and hotkeys
and it seemed it was set to launch account not specific character

the way it worked before was i was able to logout on character and login with new character not reload or innerspace character set
i could chose any character from ether account

character set is not what i want to do, i want to launch wow account not a certain character

i have many alts/main on 2 account i need to change account 1 character1 to character2 keeping account 2 character1
but character1 on account 1 is not a character set with character account 2
so far it looks like i need to make multiple character sets of all my characters in all configurations which could be numerous

this is really confusing...lol

here what i am trying to do:

launch account 1 launch account 2
chose any character from account 1 and 2
begin multiboxing

thank you again
<<

sdled

Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:54 pm

Is there a way to switch Character Sets without closing WoW?

Log out to the Character Selection screen
Launch your new Character Set as if you were launching a new team. This will refresh the already-open game windows.
Select the correct Characters in the game
Enter the game
For any Characters you did not log out, do a /console reloadui in the game to force the ISBoxer Addon to reload for the correct Character Set

MiRai also demonstrates this specific topic in his MMO Gameplay video series.

this worked for me if i have a character set to load
but i would have to set up 75 character sets
so i could have all my characters available

there got to be an easier way
what about i want to launch a game profile for each slot (dynamic launch mode)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Dynamic Launch Mode is not for this, no.

You don't need a Character Set for all combinations of characters. You can replace Characters in the same Character Set via click and drag, then Export to Inner Sapce, in order to get this.

If you're going to be swapping individual toons a thousand times a day, that can be tedious to do. If that is the case, you can just drop your usage of ISBoxer's WoW macros. The final page of ISBoxer's Quick Setup Wizard gives you other Follow/Assist Mode options, most of which will only need to use the game's Assist and Follow hotkeys. For example, you can choose to have ISBoxer press a key to follow/assist the leader or a main character (e.g. press F2, follow that guy) and it should be pretty painless to configure, and it wont matter which actual character is in which window.

At that point, to eliminate the message about the unexpected characters, you can set the "Actual Character name" field for each Character to a *. Select each Character in the top left pane, and the "Actual Character name" is the first box at the top of the General tab. Replace the name with just a *
<<

sdled

Post Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:53 pm

At that point, to eliminate the message about the unexpected characters, you can set the "Actual Character name" field for each Character to a *. Select each Character in the top left pane, and the "Actual Character name" is the first box at the top of the General tab. Replace the name with just a *

that worked...thumbs up and i bow to your greatness
the only thing i notice is the isboxer follow/assit alt+f/alt+a may have to be added to keymap
right now i am using the in game follow/assit i have set to f3/f4
but that was what i want was to launch any character from ether account

once again i Bow to your greatness
with big thumbs up and a big smilie face

thanks lax

Return to General