FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Refund?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Guyv3r

Post Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:28 am

Refund?

Hey

I went through this, no luck cant get eve working...

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1251

Refund please ?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:00 am

Re: Refund?

Hey dude, totally bizarre to ask for a refund on the forum. You can just go to your lavishsoft.com account and click the big fat Refund button.

Secondly, the post you linked describes how to provide us diagnostic information in order to get help with your issue. As you're posting for a refund in a public place, we might be inclined to assume you actually would like help instead of a refund. Otherwise what good is the thread to everyone else but you personally (because you want a refund) and me personally (because I'm the one that you want a refund from), right? I mean, if the purpose was to communicate something to other users you've left that part out. If you actually want help, we could use that diagnostic information. All we know at this point is that you "can't get eve working" and that you have visited a general troubleshooting thread.
<<

Guyv3r

Post Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:17 am

Bizarre you say, perhaps it a matter of opinion, just the way you made yours? :D

Maybe I wanted to help, but since you clearly pointed me to the refund location which is not red by the way maybe that just gave me enough not to support you!

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1251

What I do suggest, update your info on eve not allowing to use the exe file to launch tha game directly, perhaps this might help you not refunding people in the future?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:47 am

Discussions about refunds and non red buttons aside.....

Yes, CCP removed the launching via the exefile.exe directly (this is even written in the Quick Setup Guide for EVE), however you can use alternative launchers to launch the exefile directly, such as the ISBoxer EVE Launcher, which is discussed in detail in the EVE forum, in the stickied post right at the top, or alternatively, there are quite a few others floating around on GitHub and other various source code repositorys.

You can also just have Inner Space point at the CCP supplied launcher, as that also works; mostly - like always there are always a few people that it wont work for under Inner Space for some reason, but they tend to be few and far between.

So there are options for EVE players, and there are still plenty of EVE multiboxers using ISBoxer.

It's always disappointing having someone giving up early and without apparently even asking for help with any problems. Over the years, I've seen a few people ask for refunds, but in the space of an hour or so, they are up and running; when they ask for help.
<<

Guyv3r

Post Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:24 am

If I saw your post first I would not have given up this quick, I might even reconsider subscription now.

Thanks for the help and input.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:08 am

Even more bizarre, you're posting on this thread again, 4 days after receiving your refund. Which, following my reply, you immediately requested via the big fat button (nobody said it was red by the way ... ?).

What I do suggest, update your info on eve not allowing to use the exe file to launch tha game directly

Hey thanks for the suggestion, although as Bob pointed out we updated most of that info ... well, back when that change was made to the game. If you want to point out a specific page that has outdated information we can certainly take care of it.

perhaps this might help you not refunding people in the future?

You're making the assumption that I have to refund a lot of people who think that they can launch the EVE client directly.

Return to General