FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

when i press a key i get the key pressed 2x

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Araf

Post Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:12 pm

when i press a key i get the key pressed 2x

so when i try to log onto my accounts , when i press a key the game presses it 2x, i think it may have some thing to so with my key board beeing a AZERTY, because when i press the key a it presses the key q ( in the azerty keyborad the key a is in the place of the key q), any way when i press any of the other keys it presses it 2x the same leter
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:13 pm

Re: when i press a key i get the key pressed 2x

Araf wrote:i think it may have some thing to so with my key board beeing a AZERTY, because when i press the key a it presses the key q ( in the azerty keyborad the key a is in the place of the key q),
This happens with certain games that use the DirectInput API, which only supports US keyboard layouts.. Mainly DoAC or EQ1 are the ones with this issue. The games themselves appear to have a translation layer in them to deal with regionalised layouts, but Inner Space does not.

Araf wrote:so when i try to log onto my accounts , when i press a key the game presses it 2x
This will normally be because you have Key Maps enabled. You should disable them when logging in.
The other reason is that you might have created additional Key Maps that are not disabled because you haven't updated the Activate Maps mapped key to do so, you have assigned hotkeys to mapped keys that don't get disabled, or you have ended up with multiple mapped keys with the same hotkeys.
If you can't figure it out, you should share your profile.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:18 pm

This post was in the "Other" games forum, but you didn't mention what game you're having this behavior in. What game are you having this behavior in?
<<

Araf

Post Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:43 pm

srry i forgot that , im playing twelve sky , and old game only playable now in private servers
<<

Araf

Post Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:48 pm

here it is my past http://pastebin.com/PQkejPzT
<<

bob

Post Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:02 pm

As your profile doesn't appear to have any Key Maps or Mapped Keys, and the Repeater Profile is not setting the Broadcasting Mode to be enabled by default, then any issue experienced would apparently to be game specific, although there might be some default behaviour coming through from ISBoxer due to the unexpected lack of Key Maps; this seems unlikely.

If by chance you created a Bare configuration in the Quick Setup Wizard, I suggest running through it again and choosing either MMO - Standard or Generic Broadcasting, depending on whether your game is a fixed perspective view (like D3, or old style RPGS) or something a be more 3d free look, like WoW.

Chances are it still may be game specific, in that the game is reading the keyboard input directly, and receiving a passthrough from ISBoxer, in which case it would probably require code.
<<

Araf

Post Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:55 pm

if i changed my keyborad to qwerty shoult it work??
<<

bob

Post Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:07 pm

Araf wrote:if i changed my keyborad to qwerty shoult it work??
It would mean that the letters on the keyboard matched up with the input to the game.
You could just let ISBoxer remap the keys, and make sure the ingame binds are matching what ISBoxer is using, so when you tell ISBoxer to send an A, it will really be sending a Q. Or you can do it the other way, and on Hotkey A, you tell ISBoxer to send a Q, which in turn will remap back to an A in the game under the US/EN layout.

It wont stop the double keypress issue you described though. That is either be something in the game, or something in your config, and from your pasted config, it is not looking to be that, and is more pointing to the game.
<<

Araf

Post Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:19 pm

thing is , when i broadcast from 1 clients , the other get the correct imput ,

like when i do username in the client that is active for me he gets uusseerrnnaamme, but all the others get username ,why that?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:16 pm

like when i do username in the client that is active for me he gets uusseerrnnaamme, but all the others get username ,why that?

Here's why:

Araf wrote:srry i forgot that , im playing twelve sky , and old game

Twelve Sky has never been tested with Inner Space. It's probably a bug specific to this game.
Next

Return to General