FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Face Target Question

Moderator: MiRai

<<

cybercide

Post Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:58 am

Face Target Question

So i'm pretty new to ISboxer and this whole boxing thing and I've got a lot down so far just from watching MaRai's videos, but something that i've noticed that doesn't seem to really get covered on here very often (or at all from what i can tell) is getting your toons to face their targets.

Now I've pulled up this page and it suggests some items that can be used in WoW and i'm totally cool with this approach, but I also know there's a way to trigger "Face Target" via ISBoxer. I've gone out and got some of these items in WoW, but i'm having issues getting them macro'd into the game so they follow my lead and turn around and I was wondering if anyone could go over some suggestions. Here's the thread that I was looking at BTW:

http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/3981 ... ing-target

I tried to mimic their suggestion in WoW and in ISBoxer and just don't seem to be getting a handle on things yet.

Also:

I found the command for IWT to face target in ISboxer and struggled with that for a bit and gave up. =/ So I was wondering if anyone has a video for this? or just make some suggestions to fix this.

oh and here's my Toolkit Profile from ISB: http://pastebin.com/3TLsuRHY

Anyways, thanks for your time and i'm loving the software so far! Great job!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:09 am

Re: Face Target Question

I can see from your profile you have found the mapped key "Face Toward Target".

As there is in fact no actual game function for this process, then the setup it so use what is there, which is effectively IWT, and then have it stop moving. The Face Toward Target mapped key relies on you pressing and holding it down long enough for your toons to turn, and then when they have turned, but before they start running about like loons, you let it go, at which point the games get a "move backwards" command, and should stop moving about.

There is no magic function...

It's probably worth pointing out some toons who used to have wand slots back in the old days (like paladins) might not move when you IWT if they happen to be "in range".

/e MiRai explains the wand thing here..
<<

cybercide

Post Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:41 am

Thank you for your time Bob and I feel I should have tried to be a bit more clear on what I was asking.

I was wondering if you (or someone) could go over how exactly to set up "Face Target" as i'm having a bit of trouble as none of my toons seem to wanna face my target.

also I read what MaRai said about Wands and I wasn't really asking about wands in general, but some selective items that channel and when used in a macro with assist will keep in line with normal rotation and automatically upon key press use the item and be forced to turn around and face my target automatically.

IE:

/assist
/use item
/cast spell

The problem i'm having is i'm unsure if i should:

A. do the macro through ISboxer or WoW

and

B. I tried using an /assist {FTL} macro in ISBoxer, but none of the toons wanna use the macro and seem to not know this macro even exist.

and yes, I did export to innerspace.

Again, thank you for your time and i really do appreciate it.

I think I figured out part of the "using an item" to face target, but would still prefer to find a way to get my toons to assist lead, without having to use /assist name in a macro, but if that's what it takes, so be it.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:40 am

The Face Toward Target setup that comes preconfigured with ISBoxer, is almost exactly the same as the Interact With Target, with the exception that the FTT sends an extra command (move backwards) to the toons to get them to stop moving. Once you have IWT working, then the FTT should somewhat work, but it will not necessarily work all the time. There is no magic bullet to facing your target, and it is one of the annoyances of multiboxing, but then if it was easy, everyone would do it. Basically, you are playing a game that is not designed for the style of play you are attempting, and you will more than likely need to adjust your playstyle and your thinking to accommodate the nuances.

For ISBoxer, to configure something to use the FTT, although it might be a little iffy under use, you will need to create the mapped key manually, and add in the actions that you want. You can start from the mapped key wizard to get the basic setup, and then modify it to add in any missing actions.
In your case, I would setup a mapped key with multiple actions if using the FTT mapped key.
-- Key Map Actions -> Do Mapped Key Action, Non-Combat -> Face Toward Target, on Window:Current
-- Keystroke Actions -> Keystroke Action, XXXX on Window:All w/Current (where XXXX will trigger some in game thing).

Now how do you set it up in an ingame macro?, well you can't called IWT within a macro BUT, that DB thread referred to in game items, which, you could setup a macro either directly in the game, and call it from ISBoxer via the keybind you configure in game using a straight key broadcast, or you can setup the macro in the Game Helpers section of ISBoxer, which can then be called via a Named WoW Macro Action. It would be possible, if you separate out the component parts, to have a configuration which "used" a different item for each character depending on whether they had it or not.

In that case I'd end up with a mapped key with the following actions:
-- Keystroke Actions -> Named World of Warcraft Action, /AssistFocus on Window:All w/o Current (where you'd create this macro as there is not an existing one with this specific command).
-- Keystroke Actions -> Named World of Warcraft Action, /UseTargetingItem on Window:All w/o Current (where this would be a second macro you create of "/use ITEMNAME" - I also assume you don't need the main to turn coz you are driving this one).
-- Keystroke Actions -> Keystroke Action Action, XXXX on Window:All w/Current (where XXXX will trigger some in game thing - this could also be a third Named WOW macro for the /cast item).

Now this is a little more complicated, but it separates it out, and it would be possible for me to easily replace the second line depending on what item the character had. If all the characters have the same item, then it would probably be easier to setup the macro to contain the first 2 commands, and just leave out the third. Why? because it saves making a butload of macros that are all dependant on your character having a specific item, and if they don't, then you might need to go round changing a lot of macros. Very annoying.

As for Assist {FTL}. The common method to use it, is to use the Mapped Key Wizard to create an Assist and Broadcast type mapped key. This will call the Assist Me mapped key (which in turn calls the Assist {FTL} macro), and then broadcasts the keystroke you select to all the toons. If your ALT+A for assist is working, then so should this.
<<

cybercide

Post Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:37 am

Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you Bob, but it's been a busy day for me outside of gaming. Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that I got the FTT key map to work just as you had suggested, so a big thank you there sir and I didn't go the route you went the whole ISboxer macro thing, instead I just went through WoW and made macro's for each toon and telling them to use the item and I just do an Alt A before I hit my macro keybind, but thank you anyways. I'll keep an eye on your post in case i get a little curious and wanna try things differently

But a BIG thank you again!

:D

Return to General