FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Game Windows and Overlay

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Greyhawk

Post Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:43 pm

Game Windows and Overlay

Hello there!

I've been using this fantastic program since last fall and really appreciate all the time, effort and love the devs here have done with our Isboxer ;)
As someone who naturally gravitated to modding older PC titles many moons ago, I immediately took to this program. Well done!
-----------------------------

( I don't expect an answer or help really - more of a hope ;))
Well my question concerns a very unsupported Sp/Mp game named Grim Dawn - a recent Arpg which is a ton of fun to play. I picked up a second copy ( No Steam DRM) from GoG Galaxy and had hoped for an easy transition to box it. No dice at first - the exe's wont launch independently even for a SP title. So I installed Process Explorer and deleted the "Objects" handle out of the GD exe's memory and voila - full box potential!

Or so I thought. I ran into a hidden cursor issue where it( Grim Dawn's software has a built in mouse cursor) won't diplay no matter how many times:

- I sync all ISboxer resolution layout windows/
- monitor resolution window/or in game "windowed" or "fullscreen windowed" option combinations.
- windows 10 item/text res display scaling ( from 100% to 175% - no dice).
- widescreen plasma 54" at 1920 1083 max op res. With that said it:
- game runs perfectly on it's own with no display cursor issues.
- "Checked" and "unchecked" "Make the Game Believe it is the foreground Window" and "Prevent Isboxer from forcing the game into Windowed mode"/"Disabled vert Sync"

I launch the game easily though - make up teams, and create a Lan through a network Port number. (Launching ISboxer teams per slot enables this which is the only possibility.)
The only real downside is the invisible cursor ( uses outline-targeting for gameplay to get by which is time consuming and tedious). Not really important, but for a sp/mp arpg Grim Dawn is more about the "fun" and not the items. ( which could be modded easily). It's a great little title for it's cheap price and I recommend it.

Thanks for any help if anyone has any ideas on how to find a way past the window overlay /foreground/background issue.No biggies if it's not possible.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:40 am

Re: Game Windows and Overlay

Software mouse cursors tend to not show up as you've described. If the game options have a setting for Hardware Cursor, use that.
<<

Greyhawk

Post Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:03 am

Hi Bob. Yea no dice that was the first thing I looked for. On the other hand Poe's software cursor has no display issues. I'm not sure if there is an ini entry out there that could be used to force it?
<<

john silver

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:29 pm

Hey Guys.
This is my first post on this Forum. I don't know if i ask the right palce. please tell me if i'm wrong.
Did you get Isboxer to work with Grimdawn? or will it be working in near future. my friends would really love if it could work with Grim dawn.
Sincerely John
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:40 pm

From the OP's report, he got it working by removing an item from the first game process that loaded. Usually this will be a mutant, although they did mention the "Objects" handle, so I'm not 100% on what they are referring to there, although maybe that is just a mutant they were referring to. If that is the case, then a Virtual File for the mutant in question would likely allow it to successfully multibox (although it may be desirable to look for any user config files and also create virtual files for them too - most games have 1 or 2).

But, the software cursor will still be an issue as there is not really a way around that, unless you play via videofx (effectively a projected copy of the game). It might work then.

Return to General