FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

dxNothing resolution help!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Hilkarus

Post Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:46 pm

Re: dxNothing resolution help!

bob wrote:I never took French.

I had to. Born with french speaking parents ;)

bob wrote:It's funny how Windows UI people ehave time to muck around and change forms/buttons on pages, yet can't fix the "settings" so that 1. it doesn't need old Control Panel anymore, and 2. things take less click fests to get to than they used to when using the old Control Panel, and 3. you can actually find things using the search function which seems mostly incapable of finding things.

Totally agree with you on this.

bob wrote:However, whinge aside, if setting the DPI scaling option did not fix your problem, then perhaps your problem is not the same as the OP at all, and rather, in your Window Layout, your DXNothing is not in a separate Swap Group, so instead it is being set to use the same window size as your reset region, and then being scaled to fit the region size that the DXNothing is being allocated to.

So, ensure that your DXNothing's region in the WIndow Layout, is in it's own swap group (or, if you started out with a stacked layout, make sure the Active Region and Reset Region has not been set for that swap group).
If in doubt, share your config.

Putting dxNothing in a separate Swap Group did fix the issue.

Thanks very much for your help
<<

scarabeo

Post Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:54 am

Hi

I followed the instructions but still the dxnothing is scaled.
The configuration into Inner space has the parameter ~DPIUNAWARE, which is the same as changing from the file properties.

I also created a profile with only the dxnothing windows but is always scaled.

The only way, at least for me, is to remove the scaling and set it to 100% to have a proper dxnothing windows.

I'm using windows 10 - 1803

Suggestions?

Thanks
<<

genguskahnn

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:27 am

I'm having similar issues. I have notices that the the inner space resolution is different than the dxNothing resolution. I cannot figure out a way to scale the dxNothing resolution to match inner space. In my case i get a part of the screen but not all of it. it is as if dxNothing is looking in a different location for the main screen.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:37 am

dxnothing is just that. A DirectX surface which does NOTHING.

If you are having scaling issues, then the first thing to check is if you have Windows display scaling enabled. If you have Per Monitor Scaling, then it gets problematic, and you can, on the DXNothing application(s) set the Override High DPI setting to Application. You could also consider, 1. not using scaling, and have it set to 100% on all monitors, or 2. make sure that all monitors are using the same scaling setting. I've generally found that 125% works. 150% or higher tends to cause issues.

You should also, as previous, make sure the region for the DXNothing is in it's own swap group, and that swap group does not have any swapping properties set, and no Active Region and No Reset regions set.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 22, 2019 12:17 pm

It is worth noting that DxNothing was recently updated, and the new version has improved behaviors.

Check for a minor ISBoxer update via Help->About ISBoxer. Version 42.11.706.1 has the new DxNothing version. If you are on an older version, updating may resolve the issue.

If you are on the new version, you can also try the -d3d9/-d3d11 switch. The old version always uses Direct3D 9; the Direct3D 11 mode is new, and could potentially make it behave differently/better.
<<

viperebay85

Post Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:35 am

"you can also try the -d3d9/-d3d11 switch"

Can you tell me how to do this? I tried searching google and the isboxer site but can't figure it out. Thanks.
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:01 am

viperebay85 wrote:"you can also try the -d3d9/-d3d11 switch"

Can you tell me how to do this? I tried searching google and the isboxer site but can't figure it out. Thanks.

Add it under the "Main Executable Parameters" in the Inner Space Game Profile.
<<

viperebay85

Post Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:30 pm

Thank you Mirai! I added -d3d11 to the executable box that had NULL in it, under dxNothing. Anyway to verify it's using it?

I also wanted to ask, when using Video FX and the dxNothing window to show the other 4 clients under your main client, why does my taskbar keep popping up over the bottom 4 windows, even when nothing is flashing on the taskbar?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:38 pm

when using Video FX and the dxNothing window to show the other 4 clients under your main client, why does my taskbar keep popping up over the bottom 4 windows, even when nothing is flashing on the taskbar?

Windows likes to keep the taskbar "always on top", and has specific situations where it will allow a window to be on top of it -- such as a "full screen windowed" app. One simple way to avoid this is to set your taskbar to auto-hide, which hides the taskbar except when you mouse to the bottom of the screen -- although not everyone likes that.

With ISBoxer 2 this will no longer be an issue because you'll be likely to use a "full screen windowed" dxNothing anyway.
<<

viperebay85

Post Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:40 pm

Hmm. I enabled Auto hide for the Taskbar, but when they start flashing after every kill for loot, or a whisper it pops back up. I edited my registry to stop the flashing but it doesn't.

Still looking for a solution because I love VFX. Thanks for the response.
PreviousNext

Return to General