FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Follow stopped working.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Starblind

Post Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:23 pm

Follow stopped working.

After fixing my broadcasting up the way I want it now my follow won't work. It was fine earlier today, but now when I press Alt-f it says "You have no Target." It does that with both characters.
The key maps that I set today were shift, ctrl, alt, and all 3 of them + 1 through =.

http://privatepaste.com/30f0b76ad7

If you can tell me what to change to fix it, can you also tell me what I have to change to make the follow hotkey * instead of alt-f? Please be specific because there are a lot of categories and sub-categories and I don't want to mess something up again on accident.

Actually now my key maps that I set today aren't working, but they just were... I don't think I changed anything since they were working though. I need help with that as well now :(
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:45 pm

Re: Follow stopped working.

I suspect your setting of ALT/SHIFT/CTRL mapped keys that are holding state are probably interfering and causing your characters to not run the correct command in the Assist or Follow macro, because it relies on the modifiers to select the appropriate character, but in your case you will always have ALT broadcasting when this happens, because those default hotkeys are ALT+F and ALT+A.

You could change the Follow Me and Assist Me hotkeys (select Key Maps -> Non Combat in the top left, in the lower left select the Mapped Key in question, e.g. Follow Me, and then on the right, set the Hot Key (click on the little < to the right there, and set what you want in the Hot key picker, click OK)).
This will work for Follow Me if you set it to * as you probably wont have ALT/SHIFT/CTRL held when you press it.
Assist Me is another matter because if you use it for Assist+Broadcast mapped keys, then for 3/4 of your skills with your Bartender bars, you will have ALT/SHIFT/CTRL held, and this will stuff up the macro being used, which is currently expecting to be able to use those modifiers to determine which character to follow (this is because the ISBoxer addon does some funky stuff with WOW macros and uses the modifiers to do it).

Options for that will be,
1. don't use Assist+Broadcast mapped keys. In fact, doesn't use Assist + anything in Combat because your bartender setup just screwed that one up. You'll need to use Assist Me as a separate mapped key which is pressed to set a target, and then you can combat it to death.
2. don't use the WOW Game Helper (the ISBoxer Addon). Instead you want to use the variable keystrokes targeting method. http://www.isboxer.com/wiki/Common_modi ... eting_keys, and then have the Assist Me and Follow Me mapped keys use that to select the Target and then run an Assist/Follow command. This means that some of the sweet things about using a WOW macro are lost. Mainly the fact you need 2 stepped mapped keys for Assist, which then means that any Assist+something mapped keys wont wonderfully well either (like Assist+Broadcast, Interact With Target). This is no great loss depending on your play style (i.e. option 1)

Actually, option 2 has a great chance of not working anyway because you could be broadcasting ALT/SHIFT/CTRL at any given moment, thus stuffing up the Select Party Member keypress of F1-F6, so in reality, you are better off with option 1 and making sure your play style does not include Assist+anything mapped keys that will be used in combat. Especially because if you ended up with a 4 man team and you sent ALT+F4 to the game, it would close on you. :o
<<

Starblind

Post Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:44 pm

Re: Follow stopped working.

Ok I think I have it figured out now.

Thanks for telling me where to change the follow, it works perfect now.

As for the other issue it was working initially and then I edited the post to say it wasn't working and I figured out why (but not how) it stopped. It seems to be bartenders fault.

When I was trying to fix the follow issue I restarted the game which made the hotkeys I set in game for modifier + 1 through = to not be recognized. I just have to go into bartender and enable the modifier bars to show them, then disable them to hide them again each time I log on. A bit of a pain, but not a big deal.

Return to General