FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Question about video capture

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Des

Post Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:49 pm

Question about video capture

Hey guys, I have a question about filming a video...under the configuration for innerspace there's an option for video capture. I'm wondering if this is a built in ability of innerspace to record game footage, or something that requires some setup in order to be able to assist in capturing video using fraps or something similiar.

I guess the short bus question would be...what is the purpose of this video capture tab in the configuration window of innerspace and how do we make use of it? :P
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:26 pm

Re: Question about video capture

The video capture feature in Inner Space is not fully functional at this time, but yes that is exactly what it is for. I successfully recorded a short video or two with it, but others have said that it breaks after some time recording. So there's no easy way to set up a hotkey via ISBoxer right now... but you can technically try it out. If you open the IS console in-game (hit ` unless you changed the key) and type "record" and hit enter (no quotes), it will begin recording. "endrecord" will end recording and begin encoding. Encoding is done after, as opposed to real-time, in order to make recording have less impact on your system.

If you want to use Fraps and it's not working with ISBoxer, you may just need to run it as Administrator
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:31 am

I'll mess around with this a little, see how it goes.

I'm assuming it will have a file somewhere in the Inner Space folder.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Des

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:00 am

Awesome guys thanks!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:07 pm

Ualaa wrote:I'll mess around with this a little, see how it goes.

I'm assuming it will have a file somewhere in the Inner Space folder.

There's a Videos folder (or will be after it's recorded) that the video files will be stored to when encoded

Return to General