FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

build 34 not saving changes

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Des

Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:48 am

build 34 not saving changes

I recently upgraded to build #34.

I can delete empty keymaps, save the current profile, and check auto-save on exit.

Close the program.

Restart program, and all changes are not saved. The previously deleted keymaps are again listed, and the checked option to save on exit is turned off.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:15 pm

Re: build 34 not saving changes

The save on exit box is always checked by default when you launch ISBoxer, and ISBoxer will always load the default ISBoxerToolkitProfile.XML.

If you use File, Open, then the save on exit box will automatically be un-checked, and when you close ISBoxer you will be prompted to save changes. If the save on exit box is checked, then the changes will be saved to the XML file that is currently open. The XML file being edited is shown in the ISBoxer title bar, as well as in the "ISBoxer" panel if you click it in the tree (this is what is open by default when you launch ISBoxer). Using "Save As" changes which file is being edited.

Hope this clears it up for you. It is impossible to close ISBoxer and have no opportunity to save -- if the option is checked, it's saved, and if it's not, you're prompted.
<<

Des

Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:01 pm

An update for anyone who may experience the same as I... :P

the changes I make to my keymaps are saving.

however, when I select file -> open -> Profile then look at my Key Maps tree, I have five keymaps with mapped keys in subtrees. Below these I have some empty keymaps with no mapped keys defined at all. If I right click and choose delete on these empty keymaps they disappear from the list.

At this point I select file -> Save. And then exit the program, if I re-open after doing this, those empty keymaps are back as tho I had never deleted them.

Upon further examination I figured out what was happening, those keymaps that I had deleted still had a character set assigned to them, so after removing the character set from the keymap then deleting them they are now gone if I save and re-open ISBoxer.

This is a nice feature, as it is preventing the accidental permanent deletion of effort.

Sorry I wasn't as clear and concise as I should have been Lax, I should have paid better attention to what I was doing :oops:

Thank you for the incredible attentiveness you apply to your product, you are indeed one of a kind my good sir and I appreciate the ease with which you've made multi-boxing accessible.

Keep up the awesome, you excel at it!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:16 pm

Glad you figured out what was happening. :)

Return to General