FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Getting team to follow another person

Moderator: MiRai

<<

donald1968

Post Wed May 15, 2013 3:34 am

Getting team to follow another person

Ok, I think I in over my head. so i will ask for help.
My wife and I play together, we are the only ones in our guild and have build the guild up to lvl 24 as of to date by ourselves, with he help of mutiboxing. I use to use Keyclone and have recently switched to ISBoxer. Here is what i am trying to do.

I run 4 toons, a tank, and 3 ranged DPS, two locks and a hunter. my wife runs the healer.
I want to have my 3 dps follow her and not my tank.
However with Jamba & ISBoxer, they keep wanting to follow the tank.
Because she not part of the "team" until i add her to jamba (every time)
and because my jama won't let me make her master, it will be I assume that ISboxer in changing that.
so anyone with any set up help?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed May 15, 2013 5:05 am

Re: Getting team to follow another person

1. Don't use Jamba Follow Strobing or "Follow upon Character Switching" since these will likely both break what you want.
2. Set up a button in the game that /follows the person you want -- e.g. put a WoW Macro that says /follow <name> on an Action Bar with some Hotkey (any Hotkey, pick a key)
3. In ISBoxer, under Wizards, select "Mapped Key Wizard". Tell it to put your new key in the "Non-combat" Key Map (on an ISBoxer 40 or earlier config for WoW, this Key Map is called "General"), and pick either "Straight Key Broadcast" or "Key Re-Map". The final page of the wizard lets you pick the key to send, if you picked Re-Map then also the Hotkey you press that isn't the same as the key that gets sent, and in both cases where to send the key (such as Window: All w/o Current).

If you always want that to ONLY go to your DPS, set up an Action Target Group called DPS. (Right click "Action Target Groups" in the top left pane, select New Action Target Group, then rename it "DPS".) Then, with the Action Target Group selected in the top left pane, drag your DPS Characters (without selecting them first, JUST drag them) from the top left pane into the ATG in the bottom left pane. This will give you the ability to select "Group (all of): DPS" for the Target of the Keystrokes.

Export after you make changes in ISBoxer
<<

TRoN

Post Wed May 15, 2013 5:07 am

donald1968 wrote:[...] they keep wanting to follow the tank.
Because she not part of the "team" until i add her to jamba (every time)and because my jama won't let me make her master, it will be I assume that ISboxer in changing that. so anyone with any set up help?

ISBoxer makes your 'slaves' follow the active toon, so it's normal that your toons will keep following you.
If I understoodd it correctly, you want your toons to follow a character that is not part of your multiboxing setup. And that's not very normal...

So, the ranged toons will follow your wife char but keep assisting you, right?

Imo, the better and easiest way is to manage that outside ISBoxer. Create a macro ingame with /follow [@InsertHereNameOfTheHealer], put it somewhere in you action bar. When you click on it or pressing the key you've bound to it, your toons will follow your wife char.

Don't forget to keep 'Follow Jamba-strobe Toggle OFF' all the time.

Hope that helps.

EDIT:: Oooops, too late! Lax got it first! :)
<<

donald1968

Post Thu May 16, 2013 6:47 pm

Awesome! thanks guys!
<<

noamchomsky

Post Sun May 19, 2013 11:12 pm

lax wrote:2. Set up a button in the game that /follows the person you want -- e.g. put a WoW Macro that says /follow <name> on an Action Bar with some Hotkey (any Hotkey, pick a key)

Are we still able to do the Game Helper macros under World of Warcraft, or must we create in game macros for Follow to function? Thanks.
<<

TRoN

Post Mon May 20, 2013 4:52 am

The follow macro created ingame the way Lax and I described, serves the purpose of following other toon that doesn't belong to your multiboxing team (your wife's healer). Everything else, like the follow key configured in ISBoxer will continue to work - it will make the toons follow your active window ('master toon').

So you'll have two different follows you can use when: 1) you want the team to follow you; 2) you want the team to follow the healer.

Return to General