FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

WOW and Flying

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Uberhoser

Post Mon May 03, 2010 6:46 am

WOW and Flying

Ok, slowly getting the hang of ISBoxer, have a question for you all.

Flight.

Lets say I am in Northrend, and I want to farm Elementals. I get all my guys mounted, and take off. I use my mouse to fly, and they all go willy nilly. It almost acts like the "follow" when just running around is no longer active.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon May 03, 2010 8:55 am

Re: WOW and Flying

You generally want Repeater off (the right button that says A,A should be grey, not green). Most broadcasting that you need is handled by Key Maps (the left button that says A,Z), which broadcast only specifically mapped keys
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Mon May 03, 2010 3:36 pm

Re: WOW and Flying

As Lax said, you'll be better off with Keymaps On and Repeater Off, for most of your play.

If you really want Repeater On (and to use a Black List/White List option), you can copy the Repeater Toggle mapped key (in the Control Keymaps).
Just right click on it, and make a copy.
Then modify these, so one of them only toggles the keyboard, while the other only toggles the mouse.
You'll want to ensure each has its own hotkey to toggle the feature on or off.
That way, you could play with Mouse Repeater off, but still have Keyboard Repeater on.

I have split my Keyboard/Mouse Repeater functions to two different mapped keys.
Even still, I'd recommend migrating your set up to Mapped Keys rather then Repeater, for general play.

It is quite useful to have a Follow mapped key that is very easy to use.
I have one of the mouse buttons (side buttons by my thumb) mapped to FTL Follow Me.
Northrend has something called 'Phased Content'.
It is a really neat idea; an area which looks one way until you do certain quests and then it looks different.
When flying over the point where the phased content starts or ends, it breaks follow.
So using a key for slave movement only, move the team forward a little to cross the invisible line.
And then hit your follow mapped key.
Most of the phased content is in Icecrown, but there are other assorted areas of the game that use this.
And it will be a large part of Cataclysm.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to General