FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FPS, how can I adjust settings to maybe get better FPS

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Trila

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:15 pm

FPS, how can I adjust settings to maybe get better FPS

I am running this on EQ1.

I have 2 PCs that I am running only one toon on each, but my FPS is bad using Innerspace and ISboxer on these 2 PCs.

The Laptop is running at like 5-13 FPS and the Desktop goes from 5-19.

I was getting much better FPS without the programs running and I am wondering is there anyway I can adjust these settings to get better FPS?

I already turned nearly everything down to low on both these PC ass far as EQ1 settings go.
<<

dooz

Post Mon May 10, 2010 11:40 am

Re: FPS, how can I adjust settings to maybe get better FPS

Doing a search for Frame Rate, and FPS did not yield any help. This post is fairly old, and has gone unaddressed. I was wondering the same thing too. I was getting 60 FPS, on my main, with Keyclone. My slave toons FPS hovered @ 30 FPS and were solid. I'm getting anywhere from 7 to 30 FPS on my main using ISB. BG's are choppy... towns with a high volume of toons are choppy as well.

I've checked Ulaa's guide for answers, and I didn't see what I needed. What do I need to do to increase my FPS (on my main at the least)?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon May 10, 2010 12:16 pm

This post is about EQ1 and you're playing WoW.

Here's some tips.

1. point the camera downward on your alts. This limits their view which means less things being rendered, equals higher FPS. This is one of the most important things you can do in dense population (e.g. dalaran)
2. play with low graphics settings -- if not only on your non-main characters. I play with all effects off/lowest detail, and i have my view distance at minimum except about 30% up on my main
3. lower your "background fps" setting. In WoW I run with my background FPS in every slot at 15 fps, and this doesn't hurt me. In other games (eq1 in particular) lowering the background FPS this much would break auto-follow because it actually reduced your movement speed
<<

Butters

Post Mon May 10, 2010 12:51 pm

I actually found that adding system RAM increased my framerates in EQ1. I had 4GB, and went to 8GB (64bit win) and my fps went from 20fps to 60fps. I had a 9800gt card with 512MB ram though.

Return to General