FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Inital Setup help needed for EQ1

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Trila

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:42 am

Inital Setup help needed for EQ1

Okay I am using 4 PCs with 6 characters.

3 Characters are on Main PC. (I did a character set for these 3 on main PC)

Each of the other 3 characters are on their own PCs. (I set up a character set for 1 character on each PC)

Okay this is where I am lost, is this the correct way to do this?

The documentation is a bit confusing for me and seems to be a bit vague in certain areas trying to set this up for multiple PCs. So if anyone can help me I would appreciate it.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:37 am

Re: Inital Setup help needed for EQ1

The Using Multiple Computers guide is actually pretty specific..
http://isboxer.com/index.php/component/content/article/22-using-multiple-computers

However, you're a little vague as far as what you're stuck on ;)
<<

Trila

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:44 am

Well I finally was able to get it to launch my other PCs, but is this even needed, can I not just launch the other PCs manually or it will not work that way?

Also I am having a problem when I log into game with my main character. When I use the mouse to try and mouse look to the right its like I hit a wall and can not go any further and it makes me look down at the ground. Nothing I do seems to fix this except if I go into full screen screen mode then it works fine, but if I go into full screen mode I can not see all the other windows.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:15 am

If you launch on the other PCs manually, they will not be linked for ISBoxer to pass commands

As far as the mouse thing, do you have multiple monitors, with the second one on the right? I haven't really heard of anyone having this problem but if that's it I can probably do some testing
<<

Trila

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:43 am

Well I switch to try running them all on the same PC.

I am trying to test with 3 toons and my Monk is in slot 1, Cleric in slot 2, chanter in slot 3.

It loads them all into EQ1 fine, but I am having the problem with the monk. When it loads the Monk in slot 1 I noticed it is not loading it in the 1280x850 resolution. It does this fine with the other 2 toons I test with and am loading at same time.

When the Monk finally loads all way into game it is in full screen mode and I can not see the other toons on the bottom row as should be seen. But if Alt enter to switch to a Wndowed mode I can see them but the monk will do that thing where I turn right with mouse and hit a wall and then face the ground. I can switch to the other toons from the bottom small windows and they work perfectly fine.

This seems to be a nice program if I can only figure it out.

And thank you for the help.
<<

Trila

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:02 am

I totally cleared out the ISboxer settings and redid it for only 1 toon. I loaded in and its working fine, no apparent bugs.

Are you supposed to close the ISboxer program before you launch EQ1? I did that this time, not sure if that helped any. Only thing I have running right now is Innerspace and EQ1 of course.

I am going to add 1 more toon to the character set and see what happens.
<<

Trila

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:13 am

Hmm, I know have 2 toons and they seem to be running fine on same PC.

Will try 5 now and see if I can keep this going.
<<

Trila

Post Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:46 pm

Seems to be working fine now, no idea what was causing the glitches before.

Thanks for help

Return to General