FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EQ1]Initial Launch Problems

Moderator: MiRai

<<

TruffleShuffle

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:06 pm

[EQ1]Initial Launch Problems

http://pastebin.com/bg2yndRQ

This is a very VERY simple build i made with the wizard, just to test if it works. I have tried it with both windows 7 and XP. For some reason, when i run the character sets from InnerSpace, it launches one client and not my other 3. I have tried with 2 characters, 3 characters, and even 4 characters to just mess around and try to troubleshoot it. I am new to ISBoxer, and I have a feeling I am passing up something pretty simple here. My window opens the same size still and doesn't even bother resizing for the little boxes at the bottom(if they even decide to show when i get this problem fixed). I am running windowed mode, just like the tutorial says. Any further help would be appreciated. Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:42 am

Re: [EQ1]Initial Launch Problems

Is the game in actual full screen mode? You may just need to change it to windowed mode ;) I need to do something about this...
<<

TruffleShuffle

Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:30 pm

I always run windowed mode, especially in games like EQ where it is hard to switch between programs. Does anyone know if there is a problem between Win7, EQ and InnerSpace? I talked to my friends and the only ones having problems with it are the ones who are running Win7.
<<

TruffleShuffle

Post Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:42 pm

I can pretty much confirm that the initial install and Win7 do not cooperate too well when dealing with EQ1. Just for grins, I popped in my old hard drive with windows XP on it and installed the program. It is running perfectly, smaller windows and all.
<<

Butters

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:58 am

I'm having problem with Windows 7 as well. It opens two EQ1 windows for both my Chars, but it doesn't position them correctly. The small inactive window starts small but becomes big, and the active large windows starts on the left side instead of the right side.

Sometimes the games will just lock on start - "Not Responding". I tired putting inner space on compatibility mode, but that just caused an immediate crash.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:03 am

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll do some testing with EQ1 on Windows 7 as soon as possible
<<

Jedis

Post Sun May 02, 2010 7:55 am

I'm successfully running 3 instances of EverQuest with ISBoxer on Windows 7 Ultimate.

One large window on the left, and 2 small windows on the right side of the screen. If I can be of any assistance, posting my config, etc, let me know.
<<

Butters

Post Sun May 02, 2010 12:26 pm

Yes, absolutely post that. I can get WinEQ2 to work, but not ISBoxer.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun May 02, 2010 12:58 pm

Ok I just went through this with someone in the chat room, try switching to the development build of Inner Space:

Right click the IS icon and select Patcher
Check "Download development (test) builds"
Close and restart Inner Space

Also, make sure the game is in windowed mode ;) The next update of ISBoxer will check for that
<<

Butters

Post Tue May 04, 2010 11:52 am

That didn't help. Still broken.

It opens the first window [2] up in a large window (with a border), then it shrinks it down to the top left corner where it should go (no border). At this point, it looks good. Then it opens the second window [1], in a large window (with a border), but this time it does not shrink it or move it to the right side. The window shows me the Sony [Accept] screen, but when I click it the screen goes black and locks up that window.

I have to pull up task manager to kill that window.

Like I said, WinEQ2 works fine on the same comp, so it's not my computer.
Next

Return to General