FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Window scale/size

Moderator: MiRai

<<

riorick17

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:20 am

Window scale/size

I just installed isboxer on my vista home premium 32 with SAPPHIRE RADEON 9600 ATLANTIS video card for my 2 Everquest accounts on one computer. I think everything installed ok, but I was trying to set the screen size via the console and I get results where the cursor is not aligned with the screen and also the viewable screen is not the same size as the window. I've tried the window commands windowsize and windowscale but the wiki is rather vague as to how these are supposed to work exactly. Basically I want a 1280x1024 screen scaled down to 1024x768. I don't see anyway to do this from the setup because I told it 1024x768 for the main window and it reset my video size rather than rescaling the window therefore my custom ui looked very bad. The 2nd window, which I set much smaller looked fine however.
Now if I just set it up at 1280x1024 it probably would be fine, I just would have to set the 2nd window very small to have room for everything. But the console commands behave very unpredictably and that is my main concern.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:35 am

Re: Window scale/size

Sorry, this is the ISBoxer site. We configure Window Layouts here instead of using commands in the IS console. :)

Set the main window size to 1024x768 for the main region size in ISBoxer, then check the Desired rendering size and type in 1280x1024. This will scale it down and have proper cursor alignment
<<

riorick17

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:33 am

Yes, well that was the conclusion I came to however it is resizing the window, not rescaling it...which is very obvious to me because my UI skin doesn't fit together correctly. So the only thing that does work is to set the main window size to 1280x1024 then go into the IS console and set windowscale 87 (or something like that) which also causes a perfect rendering in the secondary window as well. Unfortunately that puts me back with the problem of the cursor being missaligned.
Nevertheless this is a SWEET program...it responds smooth as silk. The possibilities are very interesting but its great for boneheads too... nice job.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:34 am

My understanding is that IS Boxer renders every frame at the resolution of the large window.
It then scales the slave windows smaller, to fit their windows to fit their small regions.

By rendering everything at full resolution, it can PiP swap between windows instantly.
And mouse broadcasting is extremely accurate, much more so then any other software I've seen.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:55 am

That's right, except if you set the "Desired rendering size" option, it changes that from "the resolution of the large window" to the custom size.

I'm not really clear on whether the OP has used this setting or is just executing commands directly in the console (which may conflict with ISBoxer settings). If you (the OP) tried this setting instead of the commands, and got the cursor alignment issue, that would be important for me to know so I can test and correct the issue.
<<

riorick17

Post Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:53 pm

If I run the standard Everquest ( no patch ) profile from IS without ISBoxer and open the console ( with the ' key to the left of the "1" key ) and enter "windowscale 75" then the window is rescaled to 75% of its original size, but the cursor is not aligned. If I then type "windowscale 100" the window returns to its original size and the cursor once again functions correctly. If I run Everquest from an ISBoxer character set this behavior is exactly the same.
As for "desired rendering size" on the ISBoxer Toolkit windows layouts, this setting doesn't seem to have any affect at all. Regardless of what I set it to, or whether or not its "checked" the main window size determines the size of the game screen and the secondary screen is a perfectly rendered miniature version of the main screen.
On a side note, I've tried out this program for a few days now and its performance has been flawless and its proven to be very stable and reliable. I can't wait to try out some new things with it.

Return to General