FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[Suggestion] Region Visable Copy

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sonic777

Post Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:38 pm

Region Visable Copy

I have two suggestions and the first I don't know how to find out of if this is against game T&C's and I don't know if it's possible.

I would like to propose the ability to copy a screenshot of the screen from another toon to your main. This would work from the region menu and allow for an update ever half second up to 5 seconds. It would also allow me to lower the number of toons that would need to load an addon that would take time to position and setup in Tank and DPS windows that just don't make a lot of since when playing solo on those toons.

So, an example is that I would be a grid user in WoW (I'm not) but if I were this would come in handy. My healer has grid locked to one place on the screen. I setup a click/region with image forwarding, the image is not so much to be able to heal using grid and seeing it run live, it's more of a functional outline of where to click on the screen if I used grid. It would act like a layout monitor too for when I'm setting up regions.

This second is more a question than a suggestion. Is there a way to make my region box edges lightup or change colors so I can really see them, not just a gray area on my screen?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:53 pm

Re: Region Visable Copy

I'm with you on the region with image, and this is a planned feature in the next-gen software in development. I'm not going to go into details, but we're on the same page

As far as making your regions more visible, the idea of the current color+transparency is that you should be able to see it if you're looking for it, but it shouldn't be a burden to have it there. There's lots of things that you can technically do with it if you want.

If you open the file isboxerui.xml in the IS Scripts folder -- open it in notepad -- there's a section that looks like so:
Code:
   <frame name='isboxerrepeaterregion'>
      <Visible>0</Visible>
      <Border>0</Border>
    <OnUnload>noop ${MouseRepeater:ExitRegion[${This.ID}]}</OnUnload>
      <BackgroundColor>33333333</BackgroundColor>
      <OnMouseEnter>noop ${MouseRepeater:EnterRegion[${This.ID}]}</OnMouseEnter>
      <OnMouseExit>noop ${MouseRepeater:ExitRegion[${This.ID}]}</OnMouseExit>
      <X>200</X>
      <Y>200</Y>
      <Width>200</Width>
      <Height>60</Height>
   </frame>

This defines the look and behavior of all repeater regions. Most of those lines are required -- if you're going to change ANY of those lines, change only BackgroundColor and/or Border. So if you want a border, the Border tag is the number of pixels around the edge. If you want to change the border color, add
Code:
<BorderColor>AARRGGBB</BorderColor>
-- it's like web colors where 000000 is black and ffffff is white, but the first 2 numbers are "alpha" meaning 00 is completely transparent and ff is completely opaque. If you want to use part of a screenshot (or any picture, it's going to be stationary and unchanging), you can add something like this:
Code:
<Texture Filename="myscreenshot.png" />

Other things you can do with the Texture tag: http://www.lavishsoft.com/wiki/index.php/LavishGUI:Textures#Using_Textures
Note that you probably don't want to have a Border if you're using a Texture, because the Border will use part of the Texture instead of a solid color. A Texture will also override the BackgroundColor.

Things you can do specifically with a "frame" element like the repeater regions: http://www.lavishsoft.com/wiki/index.php/LavishGUI:frame_%28Element_Type%29 (e.g. border, texture, background color)
And things you can do with any type of LavishGUI element: http://www.lavishsoft.com/wiki/index.php/LavishGUI:Elements#Properties (e.g. becoming solid on mouseover)
(note that Textures and Fonts are not LavishGUI elements. see http://www.lavishsoft.com/wiki/index.php/LavishGUI for a full overview of LavishGUI)

So as far as things you CAN do if you want to edit the XML, there's plenty of options
<<

sonic777

Post Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:40 pm

Re: Region Visable Copy

Super post, that's the kind of info I was looking for... I'm very excited to hear that your already working the image overlay in the nextgen version.

I'm going test my skills with xml and see if I can add that screen shot in as an early trial.

Return to General