FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISBoxer down for hours at a time each night

Moderator: MiRai

<<

OzHawkeye

Post Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Re: ISBoxer down for hours at a time each night

Wish I could help you Lax, but I'm a Network guy - all Cisco gear. Servers are bells and whistles with tiny angels and lephrecauns in 'em so far as I've ever been able to determine.
<<

Colonelpanic

Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:17 pm

Hello, I have been unable to log onto the backup server since sometime last Sat evening. I understand that some people on trial accounts were having problems with the backup server, but I have a payed account. The error I get is basically I am unable to connect to the server and it asks me if I have a firewall blocking it. As far as I can tell there should be no firewall problems on my end (I even tried just turning off the whole Windows Firewall program and still no luck).

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas of what my problem might be?

Also, if I should post this somewhere else plz let me know.

Thank You,
Colonelpanic
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:07 pm

There's nothing on our end that would prevent you from connecting. You could try flushing your DNS cache with "ipconfig /flushdns" (in windows). If your ISP caches DNS and doesn't have the IP of both the main and backup servers in the cache, I could see that causing the problem. We're going to be working on it today to perhaps solve this issue
<<

Colonelpanic

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:26 pm

Thank you for the response. I tried flushing the DNS cache as u suggested and still no luck. Do u maybe have any other ideas of things I could try on my end? I've never had a problem (been using isboxer for about 3 months i think) until sat, and have not been able to use it since then.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:24 pm

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling.
Not sure if that would do anything or not.

If you do, back up your configuration so you won't have to redo it from scratch.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Colonelpanic

Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:48 pm

Thanks for the idea Ualaa, and also thanks for the awesome guides, and info you post over at dual-boxing site. I tried reinstalling, decided just to go ahead and let it wipe my config folder and start over since I kind of did my set up as I was learning, and it could use some cleanup.
Now I am having a few problems. If I try to load up Inner Space i get the same problem as before. Could not connect to Lavish Software.
My new problem is if I try and run ISBoxer, it tells me that the Inner Space Game Configurations was unable to be loaded from the selected Inner Space folder. You will not be able to selet a Game or Game Profile for a Character until ISBoxer Toolkit can read them from your Inner Space config.
I am assuming this is happening becuase the new version of Inner Space was never able to connect to Lavishsoft in the first place but that is just me guessing.
Anyway, If anyone has any ideas about things I can try to reconect to the Lavish Software server I would really appreciate the help. If the answer is just wait till the main server is back up, I was wondering if there was any update as to when that might be?

Thank You for any info in advance
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:24 pm

I've made a quick update that should hopefully help you get working again. Please try installing again with the ISBoxer Bundle installer

Then shoot me an email to lax@lavishsoft.com with your account name and I'll get you some subscription time for the time you couldn't connect
Previous

Return to General