FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Stopping focus changes

Moderator: MiRai

<<

OzHawkeye

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:23 am

Stopping focus changes

Hi all. Very new user to ISBoxer here with a tonne of questions. I won't ask 'em all, but one thing that's really killing me right now is that my focus lead changes whenever I click into one of my slaves windows.

I've scoured through Jambas config and I'm certain it's not doing it, so ISBoxer must be, yet not for love nor money can I see where or how.

I've got ISBoxer configured now so that Ctrl-A actually swaps the window, and the works ok (and if I DO swap the window then I DO want focus to change), but for things like skinning, herbing etc I just want to be able to click into a slaves window where needed without focus switching all the time.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks in advance.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:12 am

Re: Stopping focus changes

In your Character Set, per Slot, you can set it to only broadcast the key when using the Slot Activate hotkey. Then in the Window Layout instead of setting it to "only when I press Ctrl+A" you can set it to when you use a Slot Activate hotkey. Then you just set a Hotkey per Slot in your Character Set (different hotkey per Slot) and then it'll swap and broadcast your key when you hit the Hotkey, but wont swap or broadcast when you click on the window -- allowing you to quickly click on your other windows.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:29 pm

I'd suggest taking a look at the FTL option.
That leaves focus free for anything else, and still has each of the non-active toons correctly assist whichever toon is active.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

OzHawkeye

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:59 pm

lax wrote:In your Character Set, per Slot, you can set it to only broadcast the key when using the Slot Activate hotkey. Then in the Window Layout instead of setting it to "only when I press Ctrl+A" you can set it to when you use a Slot Activate hotkey. Then you just set a Hotkey per Slot in your Character Set (different hotkey per Slot) and then it'll swap and broadcast your key when you hit the Hotkey, but wont swap or broadcast when you click on the window -- allowing you to quickly click on your other windows.

Thank you lax for your reply (you too Ualaa :-) ).

That fixed the issue. I then had a problem with the characters who'd skinned or picked up a quest drop then not following, but with your explanation of the menus around the Character slots I quickly understood that I wanted to remove the "and only when I use the above Hotkey" for the first guy (my main). When I did that, it all worked perfectly.

Ualaa - my current setup is a 1 Prot Pally, 4 Ret Pally team (well, will be, we're only level 8 right now as this is a new (and my first) all-melee team). I'm actually considering just for a lark and to see if it'd work, going all Prot. Currently I'm not using any focus.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:09 am

With IS Boxer, you can use a Focus based assist or an FTL based assist.

I see that I misread your initial post.
Focus was referring to the focus on the game window.
And not the Focus (as the assist) system.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to General