FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WOW] Mouse Repeater Issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

wipeoutxl21

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:22 am

[WOW] Mouse Repeater Issue

I am having specific issues with Mouse repeating. Whenever my main (leader) is stunned, feared, or in any form of crowd control my followers are unable to assist and cast spells normally. Before the crowd control and after it works fine. But whenever they main is CCed the others basically can do nothing that requires a target

Macro im using with default ISBOXER settings

I set the leader as the focus

/assist
/cast spell
/target focus

This usually keeps them on follow, allows me to cast a spell at the leaders target, but keeps the leader as the focus. But when the leader is CC it does nothing......

Thanks in advance!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:27 am

Re: [WOW] Mouse Repeater Issue

Well, this isn't about mouse repeating actually.

So this is something I've noticed, mostly when I get feared. It's pretty obvious when I'm in Halls of Lightning in the area with the waves of guys that jump you and fear. When I get feared, my guys won't assist me anymore until I switch targets. I typically resolve it by switching toons and having them assist that one instead.

So to explain the problem, it appears that while you are CC'd, your target changes either do not get sent to the server, or the server does not send them to the other players. They still think you're targeting whatever it was you had targeted before that, even if you're changing targets. I would call this a bug in WoW, and I would recommend using the same procedure I use -- switch guys.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:33 pm

Re: [WOW] Mouse Repeater Issue

I can definitely confirm this as a wow related bug.
When you are crowd controlled, be it fear, cyclone or any other effect where you lose control of your toon, the other toons cannot read what you are targeting.

I know some people use this work-around for arena:
/targetlastenemy
<Insert Assist>
Do Whatever.

If one toon is incapacitated by the others are not, a very simple fix is to switch to a toon who is not crowd controlled.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to General