FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

how to use different classes in boxing ?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Shania

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:46 am

how to use different classes in boxing ?

Ok hello,

As stated in a previous post I am very very new to boxing and isboxer.

Now so far I have managed too run 2 warlocks at the same time, move, run around together and kill mobs at the same times. Great fun for someone who is new to this boxing.

But obviously that is the basics if that.

I am confused on alot of different topics and taking baby steps to grasp as I go.

How do boxers actually box multiple classes ?
example if it was a shammy/lock combo or let's say 2 locks but 2 different specs.

how is it done ?

I have 2 locks, my boyfriend has 2 shammys we both are new to this, he wants 1 shammy as resto and one as elemental, myself i want one lock for now demo other dest so ........ I use Isboxer suite nothing more *do I need more???* and having 2 different specs or even 2 different classes performing at the same time has me lost in how it is done.

If my 2 locks are 2 different specs how is one lock going to cast one spell and other something else ?

Also I use dual screens 2 different sized screens and I am more of a clicker then a keyboard user, is it not possible too use broadcasting and mouse clicking spells and have same action repeared on opposite screen/character ? for me the screen resolution I think is the issue using broadcasting where my mouse moves on both screens because the mouse is way out of sync on the 2nd screen.

I have done so much reading in the past week I could not be more confused.

I am having some fun using 2 warlocks but what I am able to do is very limited due to lacking alot of know how.

There is no actual walk thru true noob guide unfortunately and alot of talk is based not from a total new person to boxing perspective unfortunately as well. ;(

what my boyrfiend and myself overall for now would like too set goals towards is between the both of us 5 man heroics whether he or me is boxing 3 toons and he 2 and or vice versa. But not knowing how you can even box different classes is one massive headache lol.

Some advice, alot of hold my hand help somehow, somewhere would be Greatly appreciated.
So much to want to know in how and the basics are not even known yet.

Please help me.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:15 pm

Re: how to use different classes in boxing ?

At a basic level, we have a lead toon (master) and other toons on follow (slave).

If they are all casters, then this is very easy.
Put spells with similar casting times on the same buttons.
Possibly have fixed hotkeys such as Shift A = AoE, Backspace = Fear etc.
Whatever hotkeys work for you.

When you push 1, both toons will cast whatever is on 1, at the target of the active character.
IS Boxer has an automatic FTL feature, where you slave assists your master, and then pushes the same key.
So if you put Incinerate, Frostbolt, Warrior: Charge, or Lifetap on the key, pushing '1' has each do these actions.

You can also look into something called 'Click Castsequences'.
If you navigate to www.dual-boxing.com, there is a Sticky Post by BigFish in the macro forum.
I wrote a guide based on this, which you can find in the guide forum on www.multiboxing.com

A click sequence is a one button macro, which calls other castsequences in a priority order.
Each will look like this:
/castsequence reset=target Moonfire,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
There will be several castsequences, with variable commas.
When the macro is clicked it advances from a spell to a comma, and nothing occurs on clicks with the comma.
So by adjusting the commas to your "spam" click speed, you can determine how long until the spell fires off again.
Which lets you manage multiple spells on variable durations, by spamming one button.
This is explained in a lot more detail in the links above.

For healing, you can go macro based or click based.
Most will lead with their other toon, not with the healer.

A macro based approach will look like this (put it on an FTL DPS Key).
/cast [help][help,Target=TargetTarget] Lesser Healing Wave

You can do the same with each other heal.
This will heal your target (of the active toon) if that is friendly.
But if not, then the target of your target, which should be whoever the hostile is beating on.

With an addon like Vuhdo, Healbot or Grid + Clique, you can also set up Repeater Regions for healing.
I have a written guide on this, in the guide section.
Tovya and Zanthor both have video guides to this, too.

I would suggest one of you play Healer + Tank.
And use the Repeater Regions for the heals.

The other play the DPS, which includes crowd control or clicking things that the encounter requires.

It helps if your classes have good synergy with each other.
Getting you bonuses and such.
But it not essential, as long as you have a Tank, Healer, and enough damage to kill the mobs before your resources (health/mana) deplete.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Shania

Post Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:37 pm

Re: how to use different classes in boxing ?

Oh.. many *hugs* to you!!

A click sequence is a one button macro, which calls other castsequences in a priority order.
Each will look like this:
/castsequence reset=target Moonfire,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
There will be several castsequences, with variable commas.
When the macro is clicked it advances from a spell to a comma, and nothing occurs on clicks with the comma.
So by adjusting the commas to your "spam" click speed, you can determine how long until the spell fires off again.
Which lets you manage multiple spells on variable durations, by spamming one button.
This is explained in a lot more detail in the links above.

This is what I am looking for, fantatsic, what a brilliant thing :)

And the repeater regions for healing!!

I have something more to go with now and can see now ahead of me in how to begin to experiement to bring things together.

Thank you very much, shall head too links and read, practise, rinse and repeat. :)

p.s Its really funny entering a battleground while barely knowing how to box. People seem to get scared and run away rofl.

Return to General