FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FTL Follow messed up (since todays patch)

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Mallaen

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:47 am

FTL Follow messed up (since todays patch)

Hello,

my problem is that my FTL follow key doesn't work anymore. I didn't change anything until it started not to work (changed nothing that I know of at least), and even tried a system recovery to make sure that the settings are like they used to be. This occured after the last patch, yesterday everything worked fine!

What happens is the following (right now, I've seen the craziest stuff over the last couple of hours):

When I hit my follow hotkey and I'm on toon1, t2 follows t1 and t3 follows t2. When I'm on t2, t3 follows t1. When I'm on t3, nobody follows at all.

Does that problem sound familiar? Is there a setting wrong? Here are pics of my current settings:

http://img28.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=ft ... estep1.jpg

Is it possible that Jamba isn't working properly anymore? Do I even need Jamba for just a simple FTL follow macro? Or might it be that I've bound a wrong key in wow and unbound a IS key? How can I reset everything? Is it possible to somehow save the virtual files and the macros I've created and reinstall ISboxer?

Thanks for any help :(
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:57 am

Re: FTL Follow messed up (since todays patch)

It'd be easier to just post your configuration as is detailed in the sticky in this forum ;)

This issue sounds like it has nothing at all to do with Jamba. No, you do not need Jamba -- it is optional.

I do see a problem with your FTL Follow Me key, though. You set it to pass Alt, which will break the macro's interpretation of the FTL modifiers that get passed with that.

Or might it be that I've bound a wrong key in wow and unbound a IS key? How can I reset everything? Is it possible to somehow save the virtual files and the macros I've created and reinstall ISboxer?

To clear everything you'd just go File, Clear. If you didn't actually go in ISBoxer and configure anything virtual file related (e.g. add new virtual files, change existing config.wtf virtualization, etc) then they are going to stay there for when you create teams again with those characters.

But you don't need to clear anything, you just need to undo the breaking that you did when you changed how FTL Follow Me works. You can set the Hotkey to whatever you want, it can be Alt+ruck or however it's spelled (i cant paste it from your images), but the Key Combination to be passed along with the FTL modifiers can't include a modifier key. Note that by default, the Hotkey to press for FTL Follow Me is Alt+F, but its Key Combination is F11.

This guide briefly explains the problem you're having and might help you: http://isboxer.com/index.php/guides/31-guide-quick-setup-fixing-assist-and-follow
<<

Mallaen

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:32 am

Hi Lax,

thanks for your fast reply, as usual! :P

I think the ALT + RÜCK (The Back-Key) wasn't the original problem. Originally I've had both the Hotkey and the actual key that is hit ingame as the circumflexe (the very left key under the esc). I must have changed it while trying to fix the problem.

Now I've changed both back to circumflexe but now the toons dont follow at all, as they used to before i've changed it to alt+rück. Changed it to F11 as well for a while, didn't help either.

The FTL Keys keys (1, 2, 3...) neither work.

I think I may have messed it up with overwriting something in the wow keybindings, but I couldnt find any back or f11 entry

Edit: Here is the Info on my ISboxer Setup btw:

http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=au6EGg22
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:14 am

Now I've changed both back to circumflexe but now the toons dont follow at all, as they used to before i've changed it to alt+rück. Changed it to F11 as well for a while, didn't help either.

Your ` key appears to be triple-bound in ISBoxer, for all of your teams but Team Push. It's attached to "FTL Follow Me" in General, "Follow/JambaMaster" in Control, as well as "Follow" in your Base map. That could be related to it not working. You should avoid using the same Hotkey for multiple Mapped Keys that will be active at the same time.

If the auto-assist action bar keys aren't working, it's potentially related to having set its Key Combination to F12, which is used in various other combinations in the Control key map.

Also, be sure that the ISBoxer Addon is not disabled (click Addons from the character select menu in game) and that Key Maps are enabled (if the Click Bar with the 2 buttons on it is up,the left one should have a green arrow)

If you want to clear it, here's what I recommend doing:
Open up ISBoxer twice. The second one will pop up a message saying it's already running, just click Yes to finish launching the second copy. Then you can copy and paste between the two if needed, e.g. Clear in one of them, then right click on "Shaman", select Copy to Clipboard, right click on "Key Maps" in the cleared one and select Paste Key Map. You can run the Quick Setup Wizard, and then I recommend leaving the General, Control, and FTL DPS Keys key maps as-is until you verify that it works. Then if you're making changes to those, make one change at a time to make sure you're not breaking it ;)
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:36 pm

I like to frequently back up, as I go with changes.
Just so I can revert to a prior configuration, if I need to.

Also, I periodically back up my WTF folder, as that contains all of my customization for warcraft too.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to General