FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Multiple PC FTL Headache

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Euhemerus

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:52 am

Multiple PC FTL Headache

Hi, I´m rather new to using ISBoxer, previously just had keyboards & mice all over the place piggy backing everything with as many hands & as fast as possible.
I run 6 wow toons spread over 4 PC´s: 4 Character sets:
- Main PC x2 Characters (the only characters I want to manually control)
- 2nd PC x2 Characters
- 3rd PC x1Character
- 4th PC x1 Character
My best systems are only a dual core & a Hyper Threaded PC which just barely seems to manage both instances at once.
My headache is I cannot get all character sets to properly follow / assist / target either characters on PC #1
I wanted to map F & R for the follow / assist, have checked all toons mapped keys, key bindings & everything I could think of, but have reached the point of all joy being killed :cry:
I resorted to umpteen hours of learning, writing, testing & re-writing macros & mapping them to main keys, to still not be satisfied with the result, & my ignorance or stupidity on how to achieve this is truly getting to me now!
Thanks in advance for answering yet another plight from a brickhead.

Sincerely, Euhemerus :? :oops: :cry: (in need of an aspirin)

P.S. when setting up with the wizard, is there a way for it to also pre-setup other PC´s character sets w/o having to do so manually after the wizard? would be nice to have it automatically setup required FTL´s n such.
P.S.S. I have not posted my isbox setup, as I´ve just deleted all profiles & reset ready to start over, yet again, from scratch, with little hope & less faith :?
If it looks like a murloc, sounds like a murloc & swims like a murloc, then you probably just got gargled n squashed by a Murloc.
Runetotem / Tyrande 6 Box
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:36 pm

Re: Multiple PC FTL Headache

My headache is I cannot get all character sets to properly follow / assist / target either characters on PC #1

http://lavishsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4438 (this is also linked from the Using Multiple Computers guide)

In a nutshell, each guy needs a different FTL modifier, and you will need to manually construct the FTL Assist and FTL Follow keys. The link above shows how to do that.

P.S. when setting up with the wizard, is there a way for it to also pre-setup other PC´s character sets w/o having to do so manually after the wizard? would be nice to have it automatically setup required FTL´s n such.

There isn't currently a way built in to set up the FTL modifiers for multiple PCs, no

P.S.S. I have not posted my isbox setup, as I´ve just deleted all profiles & reset ready to start over, yet again, from scratch, with little hope & less faith :?

If you did post what you had, I'd be able to point out what you did wrong and you'd be on your merry way within minutes. Without it, all I can do is make the suggestions I've given and hope you don't spend more than about 5 minutes trying to figure it out. Any longer than that and you should be asking for help, because it really is not something that takes hours -- you probably either misunderstood something, or are looking in entirely the wrong place for the problem... for example if the ISBoxer Addon isn't enabled in WoW, it doesn't matter how many hours you spend trying to configure it in ISBoxer, it just wont work.
<<

Euhemerus

Post Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Multiple PC FTL Headache

Thanks for the amazingly rapid response Lax, You Are Amazing :D
Brickhead here, thought I had already checked all related guides & forums, as you said, looking in the wrong place, am gonna get on it right away.
The hours spent was learning how to use macro modifiers & conditioners successfully, it´s now a little more knowledge under the lid :D
Thanks again for the great & rapid response.
Sincerely, Euhemerus :D

:?: P.S. Something I´ve not tried yet, "Interact with Target" under the Key Maps, General Tab, is that for quest givers & such? can I make all other characters interact with the q giver or Flight Master with a mouse over command or similar?

And Back Again... :oops: :? :cry:

Back again, tried it out, had to guess at the extra to put in for the additional x2 PC´s (ie i have x4 PC´s) now some follow, none assist, but my other macros made for assist and such on key #1 #2 #3...etc don't function properly, it´s all gone weird al yankovitch style.
Not sure what i´m doing wrong, please help, no-one around chat, just want it working, it´s so frustrating to know what i want to do, know it can be done, but don't have the knowledge, jus another brickhead.
Again, thankful in advance,
Sincerely, Euhemerus.

Here is the pickle salad recipe: http://pastebin.com/bQ3rk6Qq
If it looks like a murloc, sounds like a murloc & swims like a murloc, then you probably just got gargled n squashed by a Murloc.
Runetotem / Tyrande 6 Box

Return to General