FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

KeePass and Capital Letters

Moderator: MiRai

<<

x2bBGd3WWjr4

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:23 am

KeePass and Capital Letters

Hi There! First post for me. :)

I use KeePass to manage all credentials for my EVE Online accounts. Usernames and passwords are randomly generated and consist of upper and lower case letters and numbers. I have KeePass setup with a global hotkey that I can press to auto fill in and submit the form / log into the game client.

This works just fine with playing EVE natively. However, when I try to log into the clients under ISBoxer, all letters come across as lower case, and I cannot login. Yes I have Key Mappings and Redirection disabled for this. I log into each client one at a time.

It would be really useful if the case of the letters (upper / lower) was preserved. My workaround for this is to manually copy and paste each username and password in. I'm glad I only have 2 accounts now.

Thanks
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:45 am

Re: KeePass and Capital Letters

Fixed in Inner Space build 5636. Close Inner Space (and any games it's got launched) and restart it to let it patch up :)
<<

x2bBGd3WWjr4

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:40 am

It's better but still not working 100%.

Most notably:
1. The first 5 characters or so never make it into the username field. Oddly enough, there is a letter 'v' that shows up before any of the other characters start appearing.
2. If I try to work around that issue (be prefixing some random characters to the username and then removing them afterwards), I find some characters towards the end of the username start to get dropped. It is not a maximum length issue imposed by the EVE client, as I can type additional characters into the username field afterwards (even without purging the prefixed characters).

Thanks
<<

x2bBGd3WWjr4

Post Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:47 am

I just realized that I had enabled Two-Channel Obfuscation in my testing earlier and forgot to turn it off! That's where the strange 'v' is coming from - Two-Channel uses copy/paste with the clipboard to transfer the credentials so the characters themselves don't get typed.

After I turned that off and set my autotype sequence to '{DELAY=50}{DELETE 12}{BACKSPACE 12}{UserName}{TAB}{Password}{ENTER}' Everything is working perfectly!!

Thanks LAX for such a quick turnaround!! :mrgreen:

Return to General