FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] @Innerspace + smoothping

Moderator: MiRai

<<

auscontrol

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:13 am

@Innerspace + smoothping

Hey guys, Not sure if this is the right place to ask. i've tried using the search but nothing has come up relating to my question.

Basically i multibox from australia, and i use Smoothping when i play. since using innerspace it launches the WoW windows from the innerspace client. making me unable to use a tunneling service....
is there any way to overcome this, or intergrate smoothping?

any help would be appreciated.

(I guess this is more @ lax)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:30 am

Re: @Innerspace + smoothping

Proxy software that works with Inner Space does exist, but I don't specifically know which ones do work and which ones do not. Unfortunately most "proxifier" software works in a similar way to Inner Space and they happen to not be compatible. Ones that can (optionally) work on all running applications probably have a better chance of being compatible than ones that launch each program themselves.

With that in mind, I've had this question before about lowerping, etc. I ran this by Blizzard some time ago and was advised not to integrate proxy support into Inner Space, so that's where we stand on this..
<<

auscontrol

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:59 am

thanks for the responce.

guess its back to countless hours of wiping because of a 400ms ping :(

Damn bliz should put some aussie servers IN oceania
<<

Ratbag

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:43 pm

What kind of pings do you get with Smoothping?

& Have you tried the TCPAckFreq fix? http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... 74429.html

There was supposed to be a fix with WoW client bafore WotlK that meant you didnt have to do this, but i found my ping was improving 100-200ms still using this fix after patch.

I can get as low as 180ms but normally about 200-250ms from Sydney with no tunnelling etc.
<<

Slats

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:58 am

SA: Yes
LA: See below.

It is possible to use a tunnel service and Innerspace. You wont however be able to use a custom 'launcher' application like Lowerping/Smoothping offer.

I personally use Lowerping - no paticular reason just the first service I heard about.

The software I use is called Proxycap. http://www.proxycap.com - it costs $35.

Once you have it installed you need to set it up to forward TCP Ports:
3724, 6112, 6881-6999

Then you need to download and install the Putty Client and load the serverlist. You then connect to the appropriate server and login and all your traffic for your clients will get forwarded. This does NOT forward your login traffic, only your game traffic.

If for some reason you dont want to use your proxy service that day, just quit the ProxyCap application and everything acts like normal. :)
<<

Slats

Post Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:59 am

Ratbag wrote:What kind of pings do you get with Smoothping?

& Have you tried the TCPAckFreq fix? http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-re ... 74429.html

There was supposed to be a fix with WoW client bafore WotlK that meant you didnt have to do this, but i found my ping was improving 100-200ms still using this fix after patch.

I can get as low as 180ms but normally about 200-250ms from Sydney with no tunnelling etc.

I would not recommend doing this, as it can cause issues for other applications. Games will run better, but things like Torrents/FTP/NNTP & Browsing may not.

Return to General