FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

2 video cards or 2 computers

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Shdwflare

Post Fri May 25, 2012 1:30 am

2 video cards or 2 computers

I really want to get my fps up in the game, i'm struggling in BG's dropping below 10 fps in heavy situations with 5 instances running. All settings are minimul except draw distance is set to high...System now is:

Amd 6200 processor running at 4.5gigs
gtx680 video card
16gigs ram
ssd
windows 7 64bit

Want to ask a couple things, first will upgrading to an I7 motherboard and proc help? Also I was reading that using 2 video cards to run different screens will cause performance issues, wondering if that's just with the instant swapping. But using 2 video cards can power different screens? say main account on 1 screen and alt accounts on 1 or 2 seperate screens? And last question is about running 2 computers. If I have main account on one comp and alt accounts on seperate monitors what issues will I run into? Will the main problem just be with the instant swapping of windows?

Either way I want to run 2 screens, with the instant swapping putting the active window on the main screen. Which option would be the easiest to setup and manage with performance being the most important factor...

Thanks for reading,

Jonathan
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri May 25, 2012 9:20 am

Re: 2 video cards or 2 computers

Watch your CPU usage in the Task Manager's Performance tab to see if you need a different CPU.

My guess would be this (price & performance):

AMD FX-6200 < AMD FX-8150 < Intel 2600
<<

Shdwflare

Post Fri May 25, 2012 7:05 pm

After about 2 hours I finally figured out how to set up 2 computers. Kept loading all chars on one screen. I was trying to use the main screen as the home swap window for all chars even on other computer, guess that's not possible, at least I was unable to figure it out. 2nd computer is a bit older and couldn't handle it at all. =( Gotta deal until I can afford a 2nd video card or I7 motherboard/cpu...

Thanks,

Jonathan
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri May 25, 2012 7:59 pm

Shdwflare wrote:Gotta deal until I can afford a 2nd video card or I7 motherboard/cpu...

If you're currently CPU limited... a second GPU isn't going to do anything for you. There's no reason a GTX 680 can't handle multiboxing 5 games unless you're maxing out your graphics (which you already said you weren't), which is why I'm pointing the finger at your CPU.
<<

Shdwflare

Post Sat May 26, 2012 3:51 am

Appreciate the info. Loving ISboxer and I'll get my fps up somehow some day. lol Looking at the I7 3770k processor and Asus p8z77 motherboard. My processor is definately maxing out at times. Seems to run high most the time, but get any kind of mass spells going on and all cores max out. =(

Thank you,
Jonathan

Return to General