FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[Lotro] Setup with 2 PC

Moderator: MiRai

<<

SilentSpace

Post Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:02 am

[Lotro] Setup with 2 PC

It's not a question about running IS on two PC!
I made a setup for 5 Chars. 3 on my Main, 2 on my Laptop. I made a setup with ISBoxer without any movements and anything else yet.
On my Main I have a Logitech G13 connected. I like to use the G13-G1 till G13-G5 to switch between the Chars. I did this setup at the slots of the charsets. On my Main everything works fine. G1 till G3 swap between the windows on my main. If I will switch between the two chars on my Laptop (G4 and G5) nothing happens on my Laptop. Is this a bug?

I also recogniced if I enable mouse broadcasting the fake cursor is shown on the Laptop windows but not at the Main.
Also, if I enable mouse broadcasting and I turn arround with the mouse all chars are turning around without the active char on my Laptop. If I do it with key broadcasting every chars are turning around.

Are this issuse allready known?

Runing IS 1.09 Build 5084 and ISBoxer #35 20100307
Windows 7 x64
Intel 2600k, 16 GB RAM, EVGA 580SC, ADATA SSD 120GB
Lotro, Riders of Rohan, German Server
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:39 am

Re: [Lotro] Setup with 2 PC

On my Main I have a Logitech G13 connected. I like to use the G13-G1 till G13-G5 to switch between the Chars. I did this setup at the slots of the charsets. On my Main everything works fine. G1 till G3 swap between the windows on my main. If I will switch between the two chars on my Laptop (G4 and G5) nothing happens on my Laptop. Is this a bug?

No, that is not a bug. The only Hotkeys that will work on your main PC are those assigned to the Character Set or Characters on your main PC, and likewise for your laptop. I assume you put G13-G4 and G13-G5 as Hotkeys in your Character Set for your laptop, which will operate the moment you plug in a G13 on your laptop and hit G13-G4 or G13-G5 on it.

I also recogniced if I enable mouse broadcasting the fake cursor is shown on the Laptop windows but not at the Main.

I just mentioned this to you in IRC but the fake cursor apparently doesnt show up in LOTRO on Windows 7 at this time (known issue)

Also, if I enable mouse broadcasting and I turn arround with the mouse all chars are turning around without the active char on my Laptop. If I do it with key broadcasting every chars are turning around.

I don't know why the active window on your laptop would have this behavior, so no this is not a known issue
<<

SilentSpace

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:40 am

lax wrote:

No, that is not a bug. The only Hotkeys that will work on your main PC are those assigned to the Character Set or Characters on your main PC, and likewise for your laptop. I assume you put G13-G4 and G13-G5 as Hotkeys in your Character Set for your laptop, which will operate the moment you plug in a G13 on your laptop and hit G13-G4 or G13-G5 on it.

Is there a way to switch the active window on my Laptop from my keyboards connected on my Main PC?
Windows 7 x64
<<

SilentSpace

Post Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:43 am

lax wrote:

I don't know why the active window on your laptop would have this behavior, so no this is not a known issue

How can we find out where and what the problem is?
Windows 7 x64

Return to General