FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can not figure anything out =(

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Shdwflare

Post Tue May 15, 2012 7:00 pm

Can not figure anything out =(

I saw a video for ISboxer and the thing I liked most about it was the quick window swapping and auto follow feature, plus the mouse click passing...make questing so much easier and faster. Right now I can't even get started to try anything out. First thing I was playing with a very high setting with Keyclone and running 60 fps outside of town and around 45 in SW...with ISBoxer I'm getting less than 30 with everything as low as possible. 2nd the auto follow is not working, some toons follow me and some don't. I reset all my key binds hoping that would fix the issue but it didn't. When I turn with my mouse all my toons turn. I don't want to stop broadcasting the right click, hoping there's another way to prevent that. I think that's the major issues I'm having right now, I'm sure I'll find more if I can get past these. The support link is http://www.privatepaste.com/348ce48ce7

My system is

Asus Sabertooth Motherboard
AMD 6200 processor running at 4.4ghz
16gigs 1866 ram
SSD
GTX680 Video card

Any help will be much appreciated. I'll continue to fuss with everything and try to search for answers.

Thanks,
Jonathan
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Wed May 16, 2012 6:46 pm

Re: Can not figure anything out =(

IS Boxer renders each of the windows at full size.
That's what allows instant swaps and accurate mouse broadcasting.

You can disable instant swapping, and that will decrease the load on your system.
But then you lose out on the insta-swap and accurate mouse broadcasting.

For a basic overview of how to use the Toolkit, take a look at my guide: http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/2623 ... %28Long%29

You can, in your character set, limit the frames per second on the slave windows.
You can also set the eye candy to dynamically be higher on the main, and lower on the slaves: http://www.dual-boxing.com/threads/3265 ... lysm/page3

For the assist and follow to work, you will want to ensure the IS Boxer addon is enabled on all accounts.
The default (wizard assigned) FTL Modifiers are good; they won't interfere with your in-game macros or keybinds.
You just need to make sure not to have F11 (I think that's the default bind the wizard generates) bound to anything.
If you bind say Shift F11 to something on one character, and any of the characters use Shift as their FTL Modifier... then you'll have issues.

You can check the keybind for FTL Follow Me, in the Toolkit, and then go into game (on each toon) and bind Shift + That, Alt + That, Ctrl + That, etc...
Pick an unused keybind, and bind each combination and then unbind them.

IS Boxer has two broadcast modes, basically.

Repeater/Broadcast is a 1:1 broadcast, like Keyclone.
Anything you press, is sent to all windows.
With the exception of hotkeys for any mapped keys you have built.

You won't be able to use Repeater/Broadcasting to move, including the right click or whatever.
Like KC (or any other boxing software), you'll want to use Follow with Repeater/Broadcast off.

Create mapped keys, for things you want the other windows to do.
It can be a variety of actions and targets.
You can have only your Warlocks Lifetap, by sending that keybind/macro-action to the Warlock Group (which you would make in Action Target Groups).

For a strong overview of the Toolkit, check my guide I linked above.
You'll be comfortable with the basic actions of the Toolkit, once you go through the examples in the Keymap/Mapped Key section.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Shdwflare

Post Thu May 17, 2012 2:29 pm

Re: Can not figure anything out =(

Thanks for the info, I reset everything and redid the setup wizard for ISboxer, also forgot to download the addon...>< I believe I have everything working atm. Still a bit disappointed with my fps. =( I understand the reason, any advise on how to help increase that would be nice. I was thinking of running 3 monitors and its my understanding that SLI doesnt' work in windowed mode for games. But I was wondering if I got a 2nd gtx680 and just ran the main swap window on 1 screen and used the 2nd video card for the extra 2 monitors with the slave accounts on them, would that work and help my fps? ...hope that made sense...

Thanks for the assistance, loving ISboxer so far. =)

Jonathan

Return to General