FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[Q] Problem Configuring Interact with Target?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

mtp1032

Post Mon May 07, 2012 4:59 pm

[Q] Problem Configuring Interact with Target?

I am pretty sure that I've followed MiRAi's instructions exactly from the both the video "interact with target 101" as well as the wiki instructions (which is different in that it uses variable keys). Alas, no joy.

If I manually turnon broadcasting, I can partially interact with an NPC, i.e., while the transaction window pops up in both of my game windows (I'm dual boxing), the mouse does not. Hence I can not sell/buy stuff.

My configuration can be examined here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Michael
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue May 08, 2012 2:43 am

Re: [Q] Problem Configuring Interact with Target?

I've looked at your linked ISBoxer configuration and it appears to be set up properly.

From your description ...
If I manually turnon broadcasting, I can partially interact with an NPC, i.e., while the transaction window pops up in both of my game windows (I'm dual boxing), the mouse does not. Hence I can not sell/buy stuff.
it sounds like you may be expecting different behaviour than what I would expect.

Here is how it should work currently (although some of this can be changed - see further down):
1. You walk up to the NPC you want to interact with on your main and right-click them. This interacts with the NPC on your main, opening up a quest dialog for example.
2. You press Alt+G on your keyboard and your slave should also move to that NPC and interact with them, opening up their quest dialog (again as an example).
3. You turn on Repeater by pressing Shift+Alt+R on your keyboard and now the mouse and keyboard will be broadcast to all windows. You click accept on the quest in your main window and ISBoxer broadcasts this click to your slave as well.
4. You turn off Repeater again and press your Follow hotkey to have your slave(s) re-follow you.

If something in that list isn't working then you'll need to point out specifically where that is.

Also, if the above seems like too many keypress, there are ways to reduce them:

1. You can change the Target of the "Do Click to Move On/Off" Actions in the Interact with Target Mapped Key from "Window" All w/o Current" to "Window: All w/ Current" to make you main and slave move/interact on a single keypress.
2. You can use an addon like Jamba to automatically share quests from your master to your slave(s) and thereby remove the need to toggle Repeater all the time. However, you will still need to use Repeater to hand in quests in some cases.

Return to General