FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

XML Exception on startup

Moderator: MiRai

<<

theermine

Post Thu May 03, 2012 12:12 pm

XML Exception on startup

Hi, I'm a new sub and still learning the ins and outs of everything but, when I startup ISBoxer I get an exception each time. I've tried reinstalling and it still happens.

Once I ack the exception everything seems to work fine. So, it doesn't seem to be major. However, I would like to clear it up if possible.

Please let me know if you require anything else to troubleshoot.

Thanks.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (104.38 KiB) Viewed 4126 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu May 03, 2012 2:50 pm

Re: XML Exception on startup

Usually when this happens it boils down to this... You have an input device plugged in that apparently provides a corrupted device name when queried. In order to solve the problem, send me the file InputDevices.XML -- found in your Inner Space folder -- by emailing it to lax@lavishsoft.com. With the information in the file, I can provide an update to Inner Space to permanently correct it.
<<

theermine

Post Thu May 03, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi Lax,

I sent you the file but, since you mentioned it I took a look and the file was cut off abruptly..

So I shut down InnerSpace and ISBoxer, deleted the file and restarted IS and ISBoxer. It rebuilt the file and it's complete now.

Problem seems to be resolved.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu May 03, 2012 3:14 pm

Okay. If the problem comes back follow the same procedure (send me inputdevices.xml) and I'll check it again. It looks like it was just cut off for some reason, as you've mentioned, though.

Return to General