FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Follow not working

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Seapaddler

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:25 pm

Follow not working

New user Just installed and setup for WoW.

Two characters. I press Alt-F while on A and B turns toward A and positions as if following and I see in the small screen for B the text says "You are now following A".

However the moment I press a direction key from character A, B immediately no longer follows and walks off in another direction and I see the yellow text that says "You are no longer following A" in the small screen.
<<

Kaische

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:56 pm

Re: Follow not working

<<

Seapaddler

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:24 pm

Thanks, now I see where the guide failed. In the video on the homepage he calls it Repeater, "Turn off Repeater". In the quick start guide it says turn off "Repeater" while in the game it is not called repeater it is called Broadcasting. Broadcasting On, Broadcasting OFF. If it said Repeater ON and Repeater OFF, I would have kept if off since that is what the guide said. Perhaps use one term for a function not 2 terms to mean the same thing. :shock:
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:19 pm

The in-game stuff used to be called Repeater.
But at some point it was changed to Broadcast, which is a bit more descriptive.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Seapaddler

Post Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:52 pm

Yep, broadcast certainly fits better.

I have another snag. I have two druids. When I put them both into cat form and attack a mob, player B exits out of Follow immediately after the first key press to melee attack. When, after fight, I swap windows to B then back to A, B will resume follow. :?

Why does Follow break when I change stances.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:22 am

Seapaddler wrote:I have another snag. I have two druids. When I put them both into cat form and attack a mob, player B exits out of Follow immediately after the first key press to melee attack. When, after fight, I swap windows to B then back to A, B will resume follow. :?

This is working as intended - melee combat breaks follow in WoW. By swapping you are activating the "When I switch to this character...Do this Mapped Key" option for a Character Set Slot. Typically this Mapped Key will involve Follow.

There are two other ways to do this:

1. Press the Hotkey for the Follow Me Mapped Key, Alt+F by default. (See http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quick_Start ... rd_for_WoW). This will make your slave(s) follow your main.
2. Use the auto-follow after combat option in Jamba.

Return to General