FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Best way to "expand / change" a character set

Moderator: MiRai

<<

cdaug

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:53 pm

Best way to "expand / change" a character set

Hello,

I have successfully been able to get things working with my 3 box in EQ. I have 1 character set with my three toons I'm playing at the time. Each account actually has 2 or 3 toons, and I am trying to determine the best way to add these other characters into the mix. Like if i want to sub in a different character.I plan to configure the in game macros to be the same (ex 'F' will be assist on all of my toons).

What would be the best way to manage this? Do I create a character set for each potential team? Would it be better to treat the character slots more as "account" slots and just ignore the naming? I have seen functions to copy character sets / characters. Would there be an easy way to use this to create what I need?

Does the character naming in ISBOXER actually correlate to anything in game (other than making it easier to set up variable keys)?

Thanks.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:38 pm

Re: Best way to "expand / change" a character set

In EQ you should be able to just use 'account' slots (as you describe them) rather than character slots.

However, eventually, as you customise things further you will probably find that you want different setups based upon the actual characters you are playing. In such a case there are 2 main ways of going about it:

1. Make a Character Set for each combination you use. This can be lots of work but is the most flexible.
2. Have a generic Character Set but drag different Characters into the slots and re-export from ISBoxer. This

Both methods allow you to use Character-specific Key Maps for example.

Return to General