FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Localization of keyboard

Moderator: MiRai

<<

goling

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:52 am

Localization of keyboard

Hey there, was just buying and starting to use isboxer but I have a problem with keyboard layout.
I write nativly in other language than english but in isboxer my kb is sett as it is english.
How can I change that? This messes mostly just up my chat.
Been looking for solution but can't find one.
<<

goling

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:51 am

Re: Localization of keyboard

I found the issue windows switched the new instances of wow by default to en keyboard, was not isboxer, love this program.. :)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:22 am

Re: Localization of keyboard

Glad you found the issue :)

A couple things to know about this:
1. Windows, by default, has a hotkey Shift+Alt to switch between keyboard languages. This can be super confusing if you don't realize you pressed the hotkey, let alone that it even exists! And, because Ctrl+Alt is the same as "Alt Gr", they recommend that Hotkeys use Shift+Alt modifiers as opposed to Ctrl+Alt. (Because for example a Hotkey for Ctrl+Alt+2 would override Alt Gr+2 and many people would be unable to type a @) ... so anyway, disabling this Hotkey (or otherwise changing it) in Windows' Region/Language settings is usually my solution.

2. Also in the Windows Region/Language settings, there is a "Language for non-Unicode programs". If this is set to English, that could be related to Inner Space being set to English and therefore probably also launching WoW in English.

Return to General