FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Setting up Pally + Shammy group

Moderator: MiRai

<<

supasnake

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:41 pm

Setting up Pally + Shammy group

I really wanted to do this group so i could run some heroics, but its looking like i may want to start with a straight 5 shammy group. I have read so much (a lot of which seems waaay more advanced then I ever need to know) I am confused as to whether or not i want to set macros up in game for cast sequences or in the ISBoxer. I understand that the ISBoxer uses an actual addon to load macros but I'm not getting how to implement that when making a several class type team. My question is whats the simplest way to setup multi classed teams?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:06 pm

Re: Setting up Pally + Shammy group

The Quick Setup Wizard makes it so that you can do all of your macros in WoW and not worry about anything special in ISBoxer. You don't need to change anything in ISBoxer to run multiple-class teams if you make a plan for the key layout. Put similar functions on the same key. For example, you might put Consecrate on the same key as Fire Nova, and Hammer of Justice on the same key as Shaman stuns (note: might want to round-robin that).

The key here is that you don't need to configure your character to run any differently multiboxing with ISBoxer than soloing without ISBoxer. If you're not used to using cast sequences, this can help you make your solo play more efficient too.

It's true, there's a lot of complex things you can do through ISBoxer itself with varying levels of difficulty, and rubbing it the right way can produce some awesome results... but it's a good idea to ease into it if it confuses you. If you're levelling from 1 it shouldnt be too hard (at first) to use a few keys with the Quick Setup Wizard's system, with or without any macros.
<<

supasnake

Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:27 pm

thanks lax for the reply. Yeah I just applied the K.I.S.S. formula as of now and going with that. Just found so much varying info on setups that I think it got overwhelming. Btw do you know of a way to sett a macro to spread out your toons?
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:59 pm

I would start with setting up everything on each copy of wow, as if you were one-boxing that character.

You can go with a click castsequence, where you spam a single button.
Which in turn casts Flame Shock, Lava Blast, Chain Lightning and then Lightning Bolt (in priority sequence) as they come off of cooldown.
As a one-boxer, a single button to spam is a decent option too, its not boxer exclusive.

By setting it all up to run, when one-boxed...
You can take any given toon into a PUG raid for some gear upgrades.

Inside of IS Boxer, we let the wizard generate FTL keys for us.
So without changing anything in wow, our toons will all assist each other properly.

We can take advantage of "steps", to make a round-robin effect.
Each of the individual toons, when played one-boxed will summon whatever on the first press.
But with IS Boxer, we can run four together and get one Fire Elemental on each successive press.

I'd build a 96969 sequence for your Paladin.
If you're not 75th yet, it won't be the full sequence but it will still work.
As long as you have each of your abilities recast as they expire, it is all good.
You can run the pally one-boxed with the castsequence.
But, with the click castsequence between all of the toons, they will box well together too.
And auto assist the active toon, thanks to IS Boxer.

5x Shaman will likely level faster then 4x Shaman + 1x Paladin.
But if you want to do heroics down the road, its faster to level Shaman/Paladin, then Shaman first and Paladin in a second run.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:04 pm

supasnake wrote:thanks lax for the reply. Yeah I just applied the K.I.S.S. formula as of now and going with that. Just found so much varying info on setups that I think it got overwhelming. Btw do you know of a way to sett a macro to spread out your toons?

The simple macro will be to leave everything the same in warcraft.
That way, when you one box, QE are still strafe, and WASD or the arrow keys work the same as always.

Create a mapped key, probably in the General Keymaps.

Call it Spread-Out (or anything else you like).
Give it a hotkey.
Select the option, hold while key is pressed, from the drop down box right below the hotkey.

We only need one step.
But will have several actions.
Right click on actions and do a new keybind action.
Create one keybind action for each toon you would like to move (decide if everyone moves, or only the other toons).
Assign Q to Slot 1.
Assign E to Slot 2.
Assign W to Slot 3.
Etc.

Remember to export to Inner Space.

Now when you press your spread out hotkey, it runs the mapped key we just made.
Which sends a different movement key to each toon.

If you want a dynamic spread out key, where the other toons move but the active toon does not.
I have one in my IS Boxer guide, in the Keymap section.
You can find it in the software forum on dual-boxing.com, or in the written guide section on this site.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa

Return to General