FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Innerspace keeps crashing.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sookie

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:27 pm

Innerspace keeps crashing.

Hi

I have just had to do a total clean install of my laptop which meant downloading a new version of innerspace/isboxer. It has always loaded fine before on my windows 7 64 bit laptop. But this time around I am getting error message with innerspace and it crashes every single time.

Isboxer itself still loads and is fine.

The error message I get from innerspace crashing opens up the report to be sent to yourselves. The text it generates is as follows:-

It refers in particular to a build number that only came out on wednesday according to the report.

http://www.privatepaste.com/6d9cb66340

Any advice will be great
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:34 pm

Re: Innerspace keeps crashing.

dlumd32.dll is known to have an incompatibility with Inner Space at the moment (from another recent report). This is a DisplayLink user-mode driver. Uninstalling DisplayLink would prevent the error. If that's not an option I will see what I can do to resolve it. But that would get you going right now. :)
<<

sookie

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:09 pm

Ahh thanks that is interesting as atm iam using microsoft update suggest displaylink driver whereas when things were fine i was using kensingston own one, just not dug out the cd yet but will do now to see if works with driver instead. Thanks
<<

sookie

Post Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:27 pm

Ok still incompatible and not really an option to uninstall. Will look forward to your resolution if you find one.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:06 pm

Build 5553 of Inner Space could potentially fix the incompatibility with the DisplayLink driver. Build 5553 is currently the development build of Inner Space. To try it out, right click IS in the system notification area and select Patcher, check "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.
<<

sookie

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:11 am

I actually got it to work on Build 5551. I ignored Microsoft prompted update of the driver and left it as my original kensington one and it is fine with innerspace so only seems to be the one offered by Microsoft referring to DirectLink. It did try to force the microsoft one on but managed to override it and has been all great since then.

:D

Return to General