FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My Questions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

noamchomsky

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:15 am

Re: Bugs?

Ualaa wrote:
noamchomsky wrote:I didn't set any combination of modifiers within IS Boxer. Could that be the problem? I've already made sure that nothing is using F11, Sh+F11, Ctrl+F11, Alt+F11 and Ctrl+Sh+F11. To be clear, Follow works in 3 of the 4 windows, as does IWT. However it does NOT work on my main.

Toolkit > Character Sets > Your Character Set:

Click the "1" under Slots, in the bottom left pane.
In the bottom right pane, do you have anything ticked for World of Warcraft: FTL Modifiers?

Clicking the "2", etc...
You should have unique modifiers set for each toon.

Unless you change them, the wizard will auto assign you modifiers.

I checked it out. My main is slot 4. The World of Warcraft: FTL Modifiers are blank for slot 4. None of the 6 boxes there are checked for my main. I did NOT change it. Are you saying I need to? The previous 3 slots are using LShift, RShift and LCtrl, respectively. For Slot 4, my main, should I check the box for RCtrl?

Also, when I manually add slot 5, it has no boxes checked either (in the World of Warcraft: FTL Modifiers section).

Thanks!

EDIT: That fixed it! You're a genius!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:33 am

I checked it out. My main is slot 4. The World of Warcraft: FTL Modifiers are blank for slot 4. None of the 6 boxes there are checked for my main. I did NOT change it. Are you saying I need to? The previous 3 slots are using LShift, RShift and LCtrl, respectively. For Slot 4, my main, should I check the box for RCtrl?

Also, when I manually add slot 5, it has no boxes checked either (in the World of Warcraft: FTL Modifiers section).

Manually adding a Slot to a Character Set will not apply any custom settings (like the ones the Quick Setup Wizard configures) to the Slot. It will just add the Slot. You would have to set up CPU cores, follow when switching windows, FTL Modifiers, etc manually if adding a Slot this way.

Generally, just use the Quick Setup Wizard when you want to make a new team or make drastic changes (like redefining the entire team) to an existing one.
<<

noamchomsky

Post Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:27 pm

OK, thanks.

Any guesses on Q8, the Alt + Sh + F maximizing the Wow client? That's really frustrating!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:05 am

ISBoxer 40.1.0226.1
* Fixed an issue where Inner Space's default Shift+Alt+F, Shift+Alt+N, and Shift+Alt+T hotkeys to resize the game window were not deactivated when not using a Window Layout

Update ISBoxer through Help->About :)
<<

noamchomsky

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:20 pm

Great support! Thanks!
<<

noamchomsky

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:00 pm

Q10 I use a LOT of macros and KB shortcuts in single-player mode. I'll typically use the numbers 1-5 for various macros and then use all the modifiers (e.g. alt, ctrl, shift on the left side of the KB) for extra KB shortcuts on the same key. So my shortcut for the number 1 would be something like:

/use [mod:alt]Seal of Justice;[mod:ctrl]Concentration Aura;[mod:shift]Ornate Spyglass;[nomod]13

So when I'm setting up IS Boxer to use FTL and various KB shortcuts, do I have to take into account what possible KB combinations its going to create, or does it have some way of inspecting my current WoW macros to avoid duplication and conflicts?

Is there any way I can limit it to NOT use single LAlt, LCtrl, LShift, etc., i.e. I only want it to use RAlt, RCtrl, RCtrl or any combination of those. Thanks.
Last edited by noamchomsky on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

tanker

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:10 pm

Open your character set and click on one of the numbered slots, and you'll see a box titled: "World of Warcraft: FTL Modifiers".
<<

noamchomsky

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:16 pm

OK, so when I do that, and I see the modifiers, and I click on the right-side modifiers so it only uses those mods, how do I tell the WoW client to only use the left-side modifiers (alt, ctrl, shift)? Thanks again!
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:25 pm

The only time the FTL Modifiers ever get used by IS Boxer is for three specific mapped keys.
- FTL Target Me
- FTL Assist Me
- FTL Follow Me

A lot of things will reference these, but will not be using the FTL modifiers themselves.
For example, FTL DPS 1, will:
- Do Mapped Key: FTL Assist Me, Target Current Window.
- Send "1" to all Windows.

This means the current window, is going to add its FTL modifiers to the key set for FTL Assist Me.
This is done behind the scene, and the other windows just know which toon to assist.

You are free to use any modifiers on hotkeys, irregardless of what you pick for the FTL Modifiers.
You could have Left Shift for character 1.
And Right Shift for character 2.
And still be able to use Shift A, Shift B, Shift C, Shift D, etc... as hotkeys for abilities within Warcraft.
And it won't matter if you use left or right shift, as that hotkey.

The only thing that matters for the FTL modifiers, is that each character has a unique set.
And the wizard will auto assign you a unique set.

You don't need to care whether it is left Shift or whatever.
It won't impact your boxing in any way.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

noamchomsky

Post Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:29 pm

OK, thanks Ualaa and Tanker!

Q11 Is there any way for me to assign in IS Boxer a KB shortcut to jump the window of Slot 1? That's my main. I did find an option to jump to the next window under Control | Mapped Keys. Thanks.
PreviousNext

Return to General