FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My Questions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:44 pm

Re: Bugs?

noamchomsky wrote:Just some general questions, can I setup IS to basically send any keystroke to the other clients when I press the letter "a"? I mean, let's say I want want to press A on my main and at the same time have IS send the keypress B to all the other clients. Is that possible? Thanks.

Absolutely.

Mapped Key - Named_Whatever.
Hotkey - "a" (or whatever you want).

Step 1
- Keystroke Action > Send Keystroke "a" to Slot 1.
- Keystroke Action > Send Keystroke "b" to Group (All of) Death Knights.

Or whatever you'd like really...
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

noamchomsky

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:31 pm

I think I found out why the correct login information is failing (Q2 in OP). After I redid the wizard several times, there are 2 characters that when launched fail to have their account info and subaccounts entered. I also see that these 2 accounts have no Virtual Files. How can I create the necessary Virtual Files for these 2 characters so that their information will be entered upon launch?
<<

noamchomsky

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:05 pm

My toons will not follow my main when I press Alt + F. In the Wow client I use the F key to strafe right. I use Shift + F to Target Next Enemy. I made sure KeyMaps and the ISBoxer addon are turned on. (I tried with and without Jamba.) If I go to one of my slaves and press Alt + F then the 3 other toons will follow that slave. But it doesn't work on the main. I followed the steps in this guide to make sure those F11 combo keys aren't bound.
http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quicker_Sta ... _Follow.21

Also, how do I turn off the framerates at the TL of each window?
<<

noamchomsky

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:59 pm

Why does Alt + Shift + F maximize the window Wow client window? This keyboard shortcut only works when I launch the Wow clients through ISBoxer. How do I disable it?
Last edited by noamchomsky on Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:58 pm

noamchomsky wrote:My toons will not follow my main when I press Alt + F. In the Wow client I use the F key to strafe right. I use Shift + F to Target Next Enemy. I made sure KeyMaps and the ISBoxer addon are turned on. (I tried with and without Jamba.) If I go to one of my slaves and press Alt + F then the 3 other toons will follow that slave. But it doesn't work on the main. I followed the steps in this guide to make sure those F11 combo keys aren't bound.

Also, how do I turn off the framerates at the TL of each window?

You can set the hotkey for Follow to whatever you want.
As long as nothing else is using that keybinding.
Also, when you push FTL Follow Me, it is in fact sending F11 and adding the FTL Modifier for the slot in question.
So you won't want F11 to be bound in game.

I have my FTL Follow Me, bound to a mouse thumb button and not to Alf F or whatever the default is.

In the toolkit, in the top left pane, expand Character Sets.
And then select your character set.

In the bottom right window are checkable options.
One of those (third from the bottom) reads: Hide FPS (framerate) indicator.
Check that, and the FPS will disappear from the top left of each window.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:01 pm

noamchomsky wrote:I think I found out why the correct login information is failing (Q2 in OP). After I redid the wizard several times, there are 2 characters that when launched fail to have their account info and subaccounts entered. I also see that these 2 accounts have no Virtual Files. How can I create the necessary Virtual Files for these 2 characters so that their information will be entered upon launch?

In the top left pane, you should be able to click on Virtual Files and expand that.
Then click on Config.WTF.

In the bottom left pane you can expand Characters, to see which have a virtualized Config file.
All of my characters appear on this list.
I would assume you could expand characters in the top left pane, and then drag them down to "Characters" under Config.WTF (in the bottom left pane).
That is usually the procedure to add something.
<<

noamchomsky

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:16 pm

Ualaa wrote:
noamchomsky wrote:My toons will not follow my main when I press Alt + F. In the Wow client I use the F key to strafe right. I use Shift + F to Target Next Enemy. I made sure KeyMaps and the ISBoxer addon are turned on. (I tried with and without Jamba.) If I go to one of my slaves and press Alt + F then the 3 other toons will follow that slave. But it doesn't work on the main. I followed the steps in this guide to make sure those F11 combo keys aren't bound.

You can set the hotkey for Follow to whatever you want.
As long as nothing else is using that keybinding.
Also, when you push FTL Follow Me, it is in fact sending F11 and adding the FTL Modifier for the slot in question.
So you won't want F11 to be bound in game.

I have my FTL Follow Me, bound to a mouse thumb button and not to Alf F or whatever the default is.

Yeah, I made sure nothing is using F11 in the KB Bindings in Wow. It just doesn't work. Neither does IWT. :(
I even followed the guide here and the YouTube video.
http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Interact_wi ... ach_window
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:46 pm

First go into Warcraft.
Go to Keybindings and pick anything that is not bound (example the Shaman multiple totem drop, for a non-Shaman).
Enter F11 as its keybinding.
And then erase the binding.
Enter Shift + F11.
Then erase.
Repeat for each combination of modifiers you set within IS Boxer, for your character set.
That way, you know nothing is set to those keybinds.

I'd also set an IWT keybind, within Keybinds > Targeting Functions.
Because if one is set the Wizard will use it.
But if one is not set, you'll have to find the mapped key and change it to whatever you set within Warcraft.

Verify that the IS Boxer addon is enabled for each account.

Assuming you haven't modified the wizard generated setup too far...
And if you have, Save As, to make a backup... which you can load from.
Or even have it and a clean install open, to copy mapped keys/settings across...
But for now, clear your setup so its clean:

Within the Toolkit, File > Clear.

Then run the Wizard, to create your character set.

Whichever character/account you put into slot 1, remember/write it down.
Same for each of the other slots in the character set.

Export your setup to Inner Space.
Then launch your team from the IS icon on the task bar.

When you log into the game for the first time...
Be sure to have the correct account enter in the correct slot.
On the taskbar, it shows which slot a given window is.
Check the box to remember the account name.

Does the default Follow work for you, with a clean Toolkit?

Does the Wizard generated IWT/CTM work for you?
<<

noamchomsky

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:59 pm

Ualaa wrote:First go into Warcraft.
Go to Keybindings and pick anything that is not bound (example the Shaman multiple totem drop, for a non-Shaman).
Enter F11 as its keybinding.
And then erase the binding.
Enter Shift + F11.
Then erase.
Repeat for each combination of modifiers you set within IS Boxer, for your character set.

I didn't set any combination of modifiers within IS Boxer. Could that be the problem? I've already made sure that nothing is using F11, Sh+F11, Ctrl+F11, Alt+F11 and Ctrl+Sh+F11. To be clear, Follow works in 3 of the 4 windows, as does IWT. However it does NOT work on my main.

Ualaa wrote:I'd also set an IWT keybind, within Keybinds > Targeting Functions.
Because if one is set the Wizard will use it.
But if one is not set, you'll have to find the mapped key and change it to whatever you set within Warcraft.

Verify that the IS Boxer addon is enabled for each account.

Yeah, it's set to " [ " in the Wow client and Alt + G in the IS Boxer Suite software.

It works on 3 out of 4 clients right now.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:34 pm

noamchomsky wrote:I didn't set any combination of modifiers within IS Boxer. Could that be the problem? I've already made sure that nothing is using F11, Sh+F11, Ctrl+F11, Alt+F11 and Ctrl+Sh+F11. To be clear, Follow works in 3 of the 4 windows, as does IWT. However it does NOT work on my main.

Toolkit > Character Sets > Your Character Set:

Click the "1" under Slots, in the bottom left pane.
In the bottom right pane, do you have anything ticked for World of Warcraft: FTL Modifiers?

Clicking the "2", etc...
You should have unique modifiers set for each toon.

Unless you change them, the wizard will auto assign you modifiers.
PreviousNext

Return to General