FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My Questions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

noamchomsky

Post Wed May 22, 2013 3:58 pm

Re: My FAQ

lax wrote:IF you don't assign a Macro Set to a particular Character, then the key combinations in that Macro set are available for use by any other key binding, including ones in other Macro Sets.

I'm confused, sorry. When you say "Character" above, does that mean Character Set or highlighted Character please? I have 4 Macro Sets: 1) Quick Setup 38, 2) Death Knight, 3) Holy Paladin and 4) General, and they're all assigned to all Character Sets (in the bottom center pane) in this profile. The Macro Set Death Knight has only my 4 DK characters highlighted (bottom right pane). It is not highlighting my holy paladin character. Conversely, the Macro Set Holy Paladin has only my holy paladin Character highlighted and not the 4 DKs. However, ISBoxer is giving me an error when I try to export because the DK macro "Anti-Magic Shell" from the Death Knight Macro Set and the hPala macro "Beacon of Light" from the Holy Paladin Macro Set are using the same key combos.

Thanks for any help with this problem.

My profile: http://privatepaste.com/49d4d31cc8
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed May 22, 2013 5:51 pm

noamchomsky wrote:
lax wrote:IF you don't assign a Macro Set to a particular Character, then the key combinations in that Macro set are available for use by any other key binding, including ones in other Macro Sets.

I'm confused, sorry. When you say "Character" above, does that mean Character Set or highlighted Character please? I have 4 Macro Sets: 1) Quick Setup 38, 2) Death Knight, 3) Holy Paladin and 4) General, and they're all assigned to all Character Sets (in the bottom center pane) in this profile. The Macro Set Death Knight has only my 4 DK characters highlighted (bottom right pane). It is not highlighting my holy paladin character. Conversely, the Macro Set Holy Paladin has only my holy paladin Character highlighted and not the 4 DKs. However, ISBoxer is giving me an error when I try to export because the DK macro "Anti-Magic Shell" from the Death Knight Macro Set and the hPala macro "Beacon of Light" from the Holy Paladin Macro Set are using the same key combos.

When I say Character, it means Character. When I say Character Set, it means Character Set. I am very specific in this regard!

The issue with your configuration is that you are assigning all of your WoW Macro Sets to every Character Set. Highlighting a Character Set is the same as highlighting every Character in the set. If you're highlighting a Character Set, there is no point in selecting the individual Characters in it. If you're highlighting individual Characters, you probably don't want to highlight the whole Character Set.
<<

noamchomsky

Post Wed May 22, 2013 6:27 pm

Thanks Lax!! :)
<<

noamchomsky

Post Mon May 27, 2013 3:29 am

My setup works partially. At least one keymap doesn't seem to work at all. The main works fine but the followers don't DPS at all. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
http://www.privatepaste.com/bac84d3617

EDIT: NEVERMIND. I found out that the Action Group is named "DK DPS" and my config was referring to the group named "DKs DPS". Ugh!

Happy holiday!
<<

noamchomsky

Post Fri May 31, 2013 6:34 pm

Under a Mapped Key, there's an option in the Advanced section for "Reset to Step 1 after..." with a choice in the drop down box for "from the last Hotkey press." Does that option mean: 1) from the most recent time that Mapped Key was activated, or 2) from the time the final step has been reached? So if I have 3 steps, Reset to Step 1 after 1 second, from the last Hotkey press chosen, and I press the mapped key only one time, will it reset to step 1 after one second, or must I step through all 3 steps before it resets to step 1? Thanks!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri May 31, 2013 6:54 pm

noamchomsky wrote:Under a Mapped Key, there's an option in the Advanced section for "Reset to Step 1 after..." with a choice in the drop down box for "from the last Hotkey press." Does that option mean: 1) from the most recent time that Mapped Key was activated, or 2) from the time the final step has been reached? So if I have 3 steps, Reset to Step 1 after 1 second, from the last Hotkey press chosen, and I press the mapped key only one time, will it reset to step 1 after one second, or must I step through all 3 steps before it resets to step 1? Thanks!

The step it's on is irrelevant, it means what it says: from the last Hotkey press.

If you press the mapped key only one time, it will reset to step 1 after one second.

A "Do Mapped Key Action" is also the same as a "Hotkey press" in this case. Any way the Mapped Key was activated will be the "last Hotkey press"
<<

noamchomsky

Post Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:58 pm

If my Character Set has no Virtual Mapped Keys, is that a problem? I'm concerned because of this video emphasizing its importance.
https://youtu.be/5p68g9A46Rw?t=8m52s
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:05 pm

btw the "F" in FAQ is "frequently", this should just be titled "My questions" ;)

If my Character Set has no Virtual Mapped Keys, is that a problem? I'm concerned because of this video emphasizing its importance.

This thread is from 2013. If you're using your setup (e.g. a Character Set) from 2013, you're not going to have ISBoxer 42 features (such as Virtual Mapped Keys assigned by the ISBoxer 42 Quick Setup Wizard, but not the wizard from 2013).

If you use ISBoxer 42's Quick Setup Wizard (i would clear your old profile first, you can just save it as something else) then you'll have an easier time following ISBoxer 42 videos and such. (Just adding more parentheses here because I seem to have a lot of them)
<<

noamchomsky

Post Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:47 pm

Re: My Questions

OK, thanks. So will it be a problem using IWT If my old Character Set has no Virtual Mapped Keys?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:03 pm

Re: My Questions

noamchomsky wrote:OK, thanks. So will it be a problem using IWT If my old Character Set has no Virtual Mapped Keys?

No, you just can't follow the video you're looking at. You would have to use an old video that corresponds to your old settings, or an old guide that corresponds to your old settings.
PreviousNext

Return to General