FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My Questions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:33 pm

Re: My FAQ

noamchomsky wrote:Well it's probably the Assist Delay then. Thanks for the help Lax!

Another things I'm getting now is a flurry of pop-ups when I spam my main attack macro. Is this common? I spam my attack macro quickly, and nowthese screens pop up while I'm spamming during battle: quest log, talents, guild, etc. These screens are bound to my letters L, N and J respectively.

None of my ISB macros or key maps are using just those letters. Some use those letters with modifers, but not just those letters. Thanks.

If the Key Combination is not bound in the game, then this is exactly what will happen. If your key + modifiers does not match a Hotkey, then WoW will drop modifiers until it finds a Hotkey that matches. So if you're holding Shift+Alt+N, but do not have Shift+Alt+N bound to anything in the game, then it could potentially fire key bindings on Alt+N, Shift+N, or just N.

I would generally have to assume one of two things:
1. Those particular macros may not be assigned, perhaps because the WoW Macro Set they are in does not specify this Character Set or Character. You must select specific Character Sets and/or Characters to apply the macros to. (Select WoW under Game Helpers in the top pane, then in the bottom left pane click on your WoW Macro Set, then in the bottom right pane make sure whoever needs the macros is highlighted)
2. If you made changes to the WoW Macros while playing, then after Exporting to Inner Space you will need to do a "/console reloadui" in the game to reload the ISBoxer Addon.
<<

noamchomsky

Post Sun May 19, 2013 11:30 pm

Added Q10 to the OP. Do I need to have the ISBoxer addon enabled? Thanks.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon May 20, 2013 5:16 am

noamchomsky wrote:Added Q10 to the OP. Do I need to have the ISBoxer addon enabled? Thanks.

Your OP says "since it's out of date" which would imply that you have an old version of ISBoxer, and ... every guide for getting started with WoW insists that you enable the ISBoxer Addon so the game will work the way you want it to, e.g. http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quicker_Start_Guide#Part_3:_Make_sure_the_ISBoxer_Addon_is_not_disabled
<<

noamchomsky

Post Mon May 20, 2013 7:58 am

Thanks!

Why would Follow only work on my main? Under Key Maps it's bound to Alt+F and it calls the macro under Quick Setup 38 called /follow {FTL}, but when I'm controlling my character through a slave window, Alt+F does nothing.
The macro text is only "/follow {FTL}" with nothing else.
The key combo to which it's bound is F11 all extra modifiers allowed.
"Can use FTL Modifiers" is checked.
"/click button name" is checked and set to FTLFollow.

In the Preview window, it always shows that it will follow my main regardless of which character I select in the drop down. I thought FTL should follow whatever toon I am controlling atm.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon May 20, 2013 8:56 am

noamchomsky wrote:Thanks!

Why would Follow only work on my main? Under Key Maps it's bound to Alt+F and it calls the macro under Quick Setup 38 called /follow {FTL}, but when I'm controlling my character through a slave window, Alt+F does nothing.
The macro text is only "/follow {FTL}" with nothing else.
The key combo to which it's bound is F11 all extra modifiers allowed.
"Can use FTL Modifiers" is checked.
"/click button name" is checked and set to FTLFollow.

In the Preview window, it always shows that it will follow my main regardless of which character I select in the drop down. I thought FTL should follow whatever toon I am controlling atm.

I don't have sufficient information to answer the question. You've described the /follow {FTL} macro, but it sounds like you have never changed this macro, and it is exactly as it was created by the wizard.

Show me your ISBoxer configuration and I can give you the explanation you're looking for.
<<

noamchomsky

Post Mon May 20, 2013 9:24 pm

Sorry for the poor explanation. :) Here's my XML. http://privatepaste.com/332b644d44

Is there a way to have all toons follow whatever toon I happen to be directly controlling at the moment? I thought the "/follow FTL" macro was such a way.

Thanks again!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon May 20, 2013 9:51 pm

noamchomsky wrote:Sorry for the poor explanation. :) Here's my XML. http://privatepaste.com/332b644d44

Is there a way to have all toons follow whatever toon I happen to be directly controlling at the moment? I thought the "/follow FTL" macro was such a way.

It is the way, and it works correctly by default.

But your configuration shows the problem, which is that you manually changed/broke the FTL Modifiers for your Character Sets.

The Quick Setup Wizard uses Left shift as the modifier for Slot 1, and Right shift as the modifier for Slot 2. You have Slot 1 configured to Right Ctrl, and Slot 2 configured with no modifiers. To fix the problem, go back into your Character Set in the top left pane, select Slots 1 and 2, and change Slot 1's FTL modifier to Left Shift, and Slot 2's to Right Shift. (To restore the defaults from the Quick Setup Wizard.) Then Export to Inner Space and /reloadui in each window
<<

noamchomsky

Post Mon May 20, 2013 10:01 pm

Thanks for the outstanding support!

I don't remember changing anything there manually. This XML is from my other 5-box XML. That may have had something to do with it. Nevertheless, thanks!
<<

noamchomsky

Post Wed May 22, 2013 2:22 pm

Q11 In ISBoxer's top left pane, under Game Helpers I click on World of Warcraft. Then in the bottom left pane I see 4 different macro sets including Quick Setup 38, Death Knight and Holy Paladin. When I click on any particular macro (after expanding the parent macro set), the bottom right pane shows Key Combination assigned to this macro. Must the key combinations be unique throughout all macro sets, or just throughout the particular macro set where the macro resides?

Thanks!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed May 22, 2013 2:54 pm

noamchomsky wrote:Q11 In ISBoxer's top left pane, under Game Helpers I click on World of Warcraft. Then in the bottom left pane I see 4 different macro sets including Quick Setup 38, Death Knight and Holy Paladin. When I click on any particular macro (after expanding the parent macro set), the bottom right pane shows Key Combination assigned to this macro. Must the key combinations be unique throughout all macro sets, or just throughout the particular macro set where the macro resides?

Neither of those are quite right.

The key combination is going to be a key binding in the game (unlisted in the Key Bindings menu though), and you can only have one thing assigned to any particular key binding in the game.

IF you don't assign a Macro Set to a particular Character, then the key combinations in that Macro set are available for use by any other key binding, including ones in other Macro Sets.

In your case, the Quick Setup 38 Macro Set should be assigned to everyone, so you should not be using those key combinations for any other macros (in that set, or in any other set that you intend to apply...). The Death Knight macros would presumably only be assigned to Death Knights, and the Holy Paladin macros would presumably only be assigned to Holy Paladins. Because no Death Knight is also a Holy Paladin, it should be safe for you to use the same key combinations for macros in Death Knight, as those used in Holy Paladin.

It all depends on which Macro Sets you're applying to which Characters. Don't assign the same key combination to more than one macro for the same Character, because only one of them will work.
PreviousNext

Return to General