FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

My Questions

Moderator: MiRai

<<

noamchomsky

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:46 pm

My Questions

I'm brand new to the software, so these issues might not be bugs. They might just be me. For other new users reading this, the Quick Start Guide is here.
http://isboxer.com/wiki/Quick_Start_Guide

UNRESOLVED

Q6 Closing the IS icon in the systray occasionally cancels the gamma correction settings of my ATI Catalyst Control Center. Is there any way to prevent ISBoxer from altering the settings upon close?

Q11 How do I identify which WoW client I'm using if I can't see the title bar? Is there a hotkey?

Q12 Is there an easy way to move my Key Maps and Macros from an old profile to the new profile created by the ISBoxer 42 Quick Setup Wizard?

RESOLVED
(Thanks to Ualaa and Lax!)

Q1 When I'm in WoW and I'm trying to get ISBoxer to stop interfering with what I'm trying to do, I can close down the ISB Suite and close the IS systray icon, but ISB will NOT stop working. It continues to function. Very frustrating! How the heck do I turn it off??
A1 Logout of Wow also as the ISBoxer addon continues to provide critical functionality.

Q2 So I setup 5 characters per the Quick Setup Wizard video. The software ALWAYS fails to enter any login information--NOT the password, just the account name and subaccount--on 2 accounts. So I have to flip between windows guessing which window is for which login only to be told upon entering the world that IS was expecting 1 toon but I logged into another and functionality may be limited. How do I fix the login issue please? (These 2 accounts have no associated Virtual Files on the bottom pane when I click (in the top paane) Config.WTF under Virtual Files.)
A2 The solution is most likely related to a missing config file. In the top left pane, you should be able to click on Virtual Files and expand that. Then click on Config.WTF. In the bottom left pane you can expand Characters to see which characters have a virtualized Config file. If a character is missing a config file, you should be able to expand Characters in the top left pane, and then drag them down to "Characters" under Config.WTF (in the bottom left pane). That is usually the procedure to add something. Otherwise, use the Setup Wizard until it adds the config file for that character (I had to use it 3x once).

Q3 How do I move the ISBoxer spell box inside the Wow client please?
A3 It comes from the Jamba addon, not the ISBoxer addon. (Hold Alt down and L-Click to move it around.)

Q4 How do I make ISBoxer use the regions I setup in my Window Layouts? I'm 5-boxing with 5 regions. Regions 1-4 are each 256x192 (4:3) and region 5 is 1024x768. Each slot is configured to use a single region, but when I save, export and launch ALL 5 windows are using 1280x768 resolution.
A4 Disable instant window swapping. 'You're going to lose out on mouse broadcasting. But you would simply disable the "Instant Swapping" option in your Window Layout. This can be done during the Quick Setup Wizard, later with the Window Layout Wizard, or you can modify your existing Window Layout. To change your existing one, select it in the top left pane under Window Layouts and, in the bottom right pane, uncheck "Use Instant window swapping (synchronizes game resolutions)"'

Q5 How do I disable the Repeater and Key Map icons at the top left inside the Wow client?
A5 Alt + Ctrl + Shift B

Q7 My toons will not follow my main when I press Alt + F. In the Wow client I use the F key to strafe right. I use Shift + F to Target Next Enemy. I made sure KeyMaps and the ISBoxer addon are turned on. (I tried with and without Jamba.) If I go to one of my slaves and press Alt + F then the 3 other toons will follow that slave. But it doesn't work on the main. I followed the steps in this guide to make sure those F11 combo keys aren't bound.
http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quicker_Sta ... _Follow.21
A7 In ISBoxer, go to Character Sets and select your Character Set. Click the numbered slot that isn't working right (e.g. "1" under Slots) in the bottom left pane. Now, in the bottom right pane, make sure something is checked for World of Warcraft: FTL Modifiers.

Q8 Why does Alt + Shift + F maximize the window Wow client window? This keyboard shortcut only works when I launch the Wow clients through ISBoxer. How do I disable it?
A8 ISBoxer 40.1.0226.1 fixed an issue where Inner Space's default Shift+Alt+F, Shift+Alt+N, and Shift+Alt+T hotkeys to resize the game window were not deactivated when not using a Window Layout.

Q9 How do I turn off the frame rates at the top left of each window?
A9 In the toolkit, in the top left pane, expand Character Sets. Then select your character set. In the bottom right window are checkable options. One of those (third from the bottom) reads: Hide FPS (framerate) indicator. Check that, and the FPS will disappear from the top left of each window.

Q10 Do I need to have the ISBoxer addon enabled since it's out of date (The FAQ doesn't address this question)?
A10 Yes, and it's out of date because ISBoxer needs to be updated on your PC.

Thanks!

EDIT: Updated with new questions and solutions to previous questions.
Last edited by noamchomsky on Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 27 times in total.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:24 pm

Re: Bugs?

There are Key Maps and the Repeater.
You can toggle either on or off, or both on or off (they're separate toggles).

The wizard should have generated clickable icons in the top left.
Which can enable/disable both Repeater and Key Maps.

Repeater is... anything you push or click on (or mouse movement), gets sent to the other clients.
Key Maps is... any hot key for a mapped key, does that action instead of whatever you'd normally expect.

There are also hotkeys for Repeater/Keymaps.
Not sure what the defaults are, off hand, but the Quick Start Guide should help you: http://isboxer.com/wiki/WoW:Quick_Start_Guide

When you made your character set...
The first toon should be the Slot 1 toon.
Which is logged in first.

The second toon will be the Slot 2 toon.
Which will be logged in second.

When you're logging in, be sure to check the little box to remember your account information.
In the future, the correct account name / b.net email will be in the log in field for each account.

You'll still want to disable Keymaps and enable Repeater.
And then enter your password, press enter.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

noamchomsky

Post Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:50 pm

Yeah I disabled both the Repeater and the Keymaps with Alt+Shift+R and Alt+Shift+M, respectively. Setup is the hardest part for me...

Nice stream last night!
<<

tanker

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:44 am

noamchomsky wrote: but ISB will NOT stop working. It continues to function. Very frustrating! How the heck do I turn it off??

ISBoxer installs an addon that provides some functionality (macros,etc.) This can be disabled from the WoW logon page or using Addon Control Panel.

I haven't looked at it in a while, but I never saw any problems with it when running solo or without ISBoxer.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:11 am

noamchomsky wrote:1) When I'm in WoW and I'm trying to get ISBoxer to stop interfering with what I'm trying to do, I can close down the ISB Suite and close the IS systray icon, but ISB will NOT stop working. It continues to function. Very frustrating! How the heck do I turn it off??

When you launch your character set through ISBoxer, those client instances are intimately tied to Inner Space. So, the only way to stop those client instances from being linked to Inner Space is to close them and open them outside Inner Space. But, that is a poor solution...

How is ISBoxer interfering with what you are trying to do? If you have used the Quick Setup Wizard, most functionality can be stopped by turning off Keymaps and Repeater, as already stated. Let us know the specific issue(s) you are having. There is a very good chance someone has already solved that problem.

2) So I setup 5 characters per the Quick Setup Wizard video. The software ALWAYS fails to enter the correct login information--NOT the password, just the account name and subaccount--except for one single account. Even then the information is inaccurate. So I have to flip between windows guessing which window is for which login only to be told upon entering the world that IS was expecting 1 toon but I logged into another and functionality may be limited. How do I fix the login issue please?

You log the correct characters into the correct slot. The software is only doing what you set it up to do when you chose the order of characters in your Character Set and your Window Layout. You need to combine the information in your Window Layout with the Slot information to work out which region each character is in. If you have named your characters in your Character Set with their in-game names you will see a little screen popup on each window as they load, telling you which character should be logged into that window.
<<

noamchomsky

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:39 pm

Thanks a lot for the prompt support! I'm sure you guys get lots of dumb questions all the time, 95% of which are likely covered in the existing FAQs, guides and other docs. Based on the valuable tips above, I posted the solutions that worked for me in the OP. Thanks again!
<<

noamchomsky

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:31 pm

Q3 How do I move the ISBoxer spell box inside the Wow client please?

Q4 How do I make ISBoxer use the regions I setup in my Window Layouts? I'm 5-boxing with 5 regions. Regions 1-4 are each 256x192 (4:3) and region 5 is 1024x768. Each slot is configured to use a single region, but when I save, export and launch ALL 5 windows are using 1280x768 resolution.

Q6 Closing the IS icon in the systray cancels the gamma correction settings of my ATI Catalyst Control Center. Is there any way to prevent ISBoxer from altering the settings upon close?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:50 pm

3. What's a spell box? Do you mean the icons with "A,A" and "A,Z"? Press Ctrl+Shift+Alt+G to bring up editing mode to move it around. Synchronize the position in all windows by clicking Sync. Save your preferred Click Bar placements with the Save As button (in the click bars tab, with it set to "Auto". anything else you must manually Load)

4. I would have to see your configuration to really answer that. (HOWTO: Share your configuration for better support) It sounds like they would use 1024x768, not 1280x768. Typo? If you want the small regions to actually run IN that resolution, you're going to lose out on mouse broadcasting. But you would simply disable the "Instant Swapping" option in your Window Layout. This can be done during the Quick Setup Wizard, later with the Window Layout Wizard, or you can modify your existing Window Layout. To change your existing one, select it in the top left pane under Window Layouts and, in the bottom right pane, uncheck "Use Instant window swapping (synchronizes game resolutions)"

5/6. It should reset to the same thing it was when Inner Space was launched. If it does something other than that I'll check on it.
<<

noamchomsky

Post Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:37 pm

http://www.privatepaste.com/0cc2856d4c

Thanks!! :)

Nevermind Q3. I was confused. It was a box from the Jamba addon, not the ISBoxer addon.
<<

noamchomsky

Post Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:59 pm

Just some general questions, can I setup IS to basically send any keystroke to the other clients when I press the letter "a"? I mean, let's say I want want to press A on my main and at the same time have IS send the keypress B to all the other clients. Is that possible? Thanks.
Next

Return to General