FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Wow help, Isboxer swapping action bar

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Layara

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:22 am

Wow help, Isboxer swapping action bar

Hi all
Pretty big noob here, read all the guides I could find but could not find a solution to my problem.

Everything was working fine up until I started changing some settings in Isboxer (I thought I knew what I was doing) now when I go to use my keybinds for my spells (using 1-5 currently) When ever I click the number 2 or higher it will take me to the next set or action bars or hotbars what ever you want to call it and I can't figure out what the cause.
Would really love some help. :)

....kayara
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:54 am

Re: Wow help, Isboxer swapping action bar

It's very likely to be one of two things:
1. Your Key Map or Mapped Keys have the "Hold any Keystroke Actions while the Hotkey is held" option enabled, or
2. Your Key Map or Mapped Keys have the "World of Warcraft: Use FTL Modifiers" option enabled.

The FTL Modifiers option should only be enabled on specific Mapped Keys generated by the Quick Setup Wizard, and should NOT (generally, unless you know specifically that you need it) be enabled on any other Key Maps or Mapped Keys. That is because the FTL part is handled by "FTL Assist Me", "FTL Follow Me" and "FTL Target Me" in the General Key Map.

The Hold option may cause this because in order to assist Slots 1 or 2 (the first or second character), ISBoxer is going to press Shift+Backspace before sending your DPS key. The Hold option causes that to combine with 1, 2, 3, 4, etc and you get Shift+1, or Shift+2, and so on. The FTL option will, instead of pressing Shift+Backspace first, simply hold Shift with the 1 or whatever -- like Shift+1, Shift+2, etc. Shift+# are WoW's Action Bar switching hotkeys. :)
<<

tanker

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:36 am

In your WoW keymap you have keybindings for Shift+1, Shift+2, ..., Shift+6 defined to switch your action bar. The easiest way I have found to clear them is to open up the WoW keybindings, remember what the very first function is defined as (open chat defined as Enter, if memory serves), Click the first button and enter Shift+1 as the key. It will pop a message like 'Select Action Bar 1 is now unbound'. Do the same for Shift+2, Shift+3, etc, then set the open chat binding back to what it was before.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:32 pm

You don't need to unbind the action bar switching hotkeys, you should fix your ISBoxer configuration to press the right keys (as I detailed)... it won't switch your Action Bars when configured right.
<<

Layara

Post Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:18 pm

Hi thanks for your help. None of those suggestions fixed the problem? Any other steps I could try???

Return to General