FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

What am I doing wrong?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

nutzi

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:05 pm

What am I doing wrong?

I am completely new to Multiboxing and have tried everything i could think of to get this working(checked the FAQ, watched videos, read the wiki).

I am playing SWTOR and cannot get the characters to move.

Here is the config I have: http://www.privatepaste.com/a4d5b35e58

I just ran the wizard, exported it to innerspace and ran the game from the ISBoxer Charater sets menu.

Thanks in advance for helping this noob :P
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:58 pm

Re: What am I doing wrong?

From your linked config I am guessing you are expecting to be able to press the W key on your keyboard and have both of your characters move forward. To enable this to work you need to set "Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is held" to "ON". This is true in most if not all games for movement keys (which are typically held down) as opposed to keys for other actions which only need to be pressed briefly. I think this may also be true for Jump in SWTOR.

However, in general, this is not going to be a good method for moving your team around except in very limited situations. Instead, the recommended method is to use use a follow hotkey which activates the in-game follow command on your slaves. See http://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#Why_do_my_toons_move_in_different_directions.3F and http://isboxer.com/wiki/FAQ#How_do_I_keep_my_characters_in_the_formations_that_ISBoxer_set_up.3F.

As of ISBoxer 40.0.0204.2 the Quick Setup Wizard will create a Follow Me Mapped Key in the Non-combat Keymap (this is for non-WoW games). To get that working you need to follow the instructions given in the description of the Follow Me Mapped Key, namely:

To use this Hotkey, you must:

1. Give it a Hotkey

2. Configure the 'Follow Target' Variable Keystroke. (In the top left pane, select Variable Keystrokes, then find it in the bottom left)

3. Configure each of the "Target Slot #" Variable Keystrokes, for each Slot in your Character Set. (In the top left pane, select your Character set. Then in the bottom left pane, click each Slot number. Click 'Variable Keystrokes' tab in the bottom right. Add Target Slot 1, Target Slot 2, etc, giving it the Hotkey this character needs to press in order to Target each other character)

I understands Lax intends to make this last step available from in-game sometime in the forseeable future.

EDIT: typo
<<

nutzi

Post Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:14 pm

Re: What am I doing wrong?

Thank you so much for the reply!

I was thinking that each one moves separately, and i see how follow would be so much better. I'll give it a shot when i get off work!

Return to General