FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Directional issues.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

wallnut

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:55 am

[WoW] Directional issues.

Hey, i'm a first time ISBoxer, a first time multi-boxer too.
Basically i followed all the instructions to the letter, even did it the same way as the instructional video :P! I've setup a triple-boxing group of mages and managed to get the 2 slaves to assist the main by using a focus macro.

This presents the obvious pitfall of having to make a focus macro for every targetted skill, on both slaves. Not to mention the fact that i could've accomplished the task of getting x number of slaves to follow a main and assist without the use of ISBoxer (key broadcasting would've been different but you get the picture)

The second problem i'm having is when i try to move my team without the use of the follow function (think i've seen people accomplish this in videos), the slaves never run the same direction as the main, even the slightest directional difference from the main will see the slaves gradually getting further away.

I keep reading alot about 'FTL', i managed to find the definition of FTL, but couldn't find anything written clear enough on how to use it or what exactly it does, i read the part of the ISBoxer wiki about FTL, but it made no sence at all so if someone would be kind enough to dumb it down (alot), i'd be very greatful!

Cheers!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:40 am

Re: [WoW] Directional issues.

Here's the whole entire trick to using and understanding FTL:
1. Run the Quick Setup Wizard
That's pretty much it -- it sets it up for you. You're doing it the hard way right now by using Focus and having manually configured your keys. You don't really need to know how it works unless it doesn't work. And you don't need a macro for every individual skill!

The Quick Setup way will create exactly 3 keys that use FTL. "FTL Follow Me", "FTL Assist Me" and "FTL Target Me". The "FTL Assist Me" is used via a Do Mapped Key Action in order to assist, followed by a keystroke action to cast a spell on your target. This removes all of the limitations of traditional FTL, which used to a) be hard to configure, b) use up tons of extra keys by requiring every spell to be on a macro that has FTL built in, c) require lots of macros. So there is no restriction like the old "you can't use shift+1 as a key binding in wow if you want to use 1 for a ftl macro". Just assist first, then cast the spell. Win! I should rename it FTW in ISBoxer, because using any other system is For The Lose!

The difference between Focus and FTL is that there is absolutely nothing required when you switch characters and no using of Focus because the master is resolved at the time you press the button. You have 5 different macros to handle 5 different players with Focus, and it's essentially the same thing with FTL, except that the 5 macros are combined into one actual macro, which figures out who the master is based on which alt/shift/ctrl modifiers are pressed. Sooo for example... "FTL Follow Me" by default from the wizard is set up on Alt+F. When you hit Alt+F, it's going to press F11 plus the designated FTL modifiers for your master. The WoW macro system has built-in conditionals such that it can do something different if F11 is pressed with Shift, Right Shift, Ctrl, Right Ctrl, Alt, Right Alt, or any combination of those. That's how it follows, assists, or targets the right person. (As opposed to focusing the person as you are currently doing)

About follow, you do want to use auto-follow. As you've seen, you can't move all of them at once with the movement keys and expect them to move together. There is no way to force them into the same direction let alone the same position, and even if you could, each guy would move slightly different because of framerate differences, etc.
<<

wallnut

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:10 pm

Thanks for the swift reply!

What i've done so far:

1. Ran the quick setup wizard exactly like you did in the video
2. Made a macro on each slave to follow the main

However, the slaves don't assist the main when i target something and press 1 to cast Fireball, they tend to either target something else or just not do anything.
Tried it without broadcasting keystrokes but obviously nothing happens.

Also how do you get around having to turn keystrokes on/off after combat so that you can move without breaking follow, i know the Jamba thing is supposed to fix that but it doesn't seem to work..

I'm clearly missing something blatantly obvious lol.

Thanks in advance
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:22 pm

You'll want key repeater off.
And keymaps on.

Having run the wizard.
Drag fireball straight from the spell book (no macros), onto action bar button 1.

If mapped keys are on.
When you press 1.
Each of the slaves will also press 1 (Fireball), but auto cast at the target of the toon in the active window.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

wallnut

Post Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:59 pm

Thank Ualaa, from what i can tell, repeater is off, and i think keymaps are on... how do you check? lol
<<

wallnut

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:13 am

Ok so the only problem i'm having now is that the slaves don't assist the master, when i cast on my main it says no target on both the slaves. I deleted the old ISBoxer profile and started again following the video tutorial to the letter.
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:22 pm

Verify that the IS Boxer addon is enabled for all of the accounts.
This is what allows IS Boxer to do the automatic FTL as configured in the wizard.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

wallnut

Post Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:58 pm

Ualaa you are most certainly the fountain of all knowledge, i was unaware that ISBoxer had n actual ingame addon, which i inadvertantly disabled when i reverted my UI back to default for ease of use!

All working as it should now :)

Return to General