FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Error when booting up IS Boxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tonicfan

Post Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:55 pm

Error when booting up IS Boxer

When I just loaded up IS Boxer I get an error.

System.Invalid.Operation.Exception: There is an error in XML document (3,2)

Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly...... etc etc etc

What is this? All my characters get deleted and all my key maps disappear. Basically it turns into a restart of the whole program. This has happened since i got the program. Im not doing anything or overwriting anything at all. Why this error? And I certainly hope there is a fix for this because I cant keep reloading my characters every single time this error appears. I was playing all day today without major issue. In fact I just stopped playing and wanted to do some configuring so I booted up ISboxer. DO I need to have ISBoxer running all the time? Please assist on this as its very frustrating!

Thanks
<<

Ualaa

Grandmaster Guidesmith

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:27 am

Re: Error when booting up IS Boxer

This happened to me once.
And it erased everything in the toolkit.

I loaded a saved backup.
And have not had the issue since.

Not sure what caused it, but have not had it since, and the backup was fairly recent.
You could try to load the last exported toolkit profile, which will be in your IS folder.
Streaming in 720p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:18 am

Re: Error when booting up IS Boxer

What is this? All my characters get deleted and all my key maps disappear. Basically it turns into a restart of the whole program. This has happened since i got the program. Im not doing anything or overwriting anything at all. Why this error?

It's an error message. Most of it is technical information for a developer (me) and not generally intended to be interpreted by you.

This particular error will happen when ISBoxer attempts to read a corrupted XML file. Why is it corrupt? I don't know, I wasn't there. It doesn't happen to people generally. If it happens often, I would probably try updating various drivers including storage devices (i.e. your hard drive) and related chipsets (i.e. your motherboard).

And I certainly hope there is a fix for this because I cant keep reloading my characters every single time this error appears. I was playing all day today without major issue. In fact I just stopped playing and wanted to do some configuring so I booted up ISboxer. DO I need to have ISBoxer running all the time? Please assist on this as its very frustrating!

No, you only need to run the ISBoxer Toolkit program when you want to adjust your configuration. It might be a good idea to save your ISBoxer profile as a different filename to back it up (through the File menu for example). Additionally, a backup is ALWAYS kept of the profile you last Exported to Inner Space, as the file ISBoxerToolkitProfile.LastExported.XML in your Inner Space folder. You can open it via File, Open.

Return to General