FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] g15 keys not showing up on drop down list.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Arryth

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:38 pm

g15 keys not showing up on drop down list.

My g15 keyboard g-keys are not appearing any more on my drop down key list in the ISboxer tool kit. The ones I currently use in game with my existing profiles are working, but I am unable to activate any of the others. There is an error message that pops up when I first launch the tool kit, but does not seem to be effecting any thing. Any clue on how to fix this?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:12 pm

Re: g15 keys not showing up on drop down list.

What is the error?

If the error is about not knowing where to find your Inner Space configuration, that would be directly related -- ISBoxer knows about the G15 because Inner Space has a configuration file for detected input devices.
<<

Arryth

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:28 pm

Its pops up a window that says "System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in XML document (370. 40).
--> System.Xml.XmlException: '(Some wierd symbol that kid of looks like two vertical squigle lines)', hexadecimal value 0x0f, is an invalid character. Line 370, position 40.

There is quite a bit more below that, im trying to find if theres a location where the error file stores. Don't see one so far. So i can cut and paste it. Its just has an "ok" button at the bottom of it all. Then loads the toolkit as per normal. Nothing seems wrong except the entire g-key choices seem to be omited from the drop down menu where they usually are.
<<

Arryth

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:40 pm

isboxertoolboxerror.png
Error saved in ms pain,
isboxertoolboxerror.png (71.68 KiB) Viewed 5027 times
Copy of the error in ms paint
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Okay, first can you e-mail me the file InputDevices.XML from your Inner Space folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\InputDevices.XML) -- attach it dont open and paste it. This will help me prevent it from happening again.

Secondly you can probably do the following process:
1. close Inner Space and ISBoxer
2. delete this InputDevices.XML file (or rename it to keep a backup)
3. launch Inner Space (may or may not need to close it after launching to get it to store InputDevices.XML, I don't think you should need to anymore)
4. launch ISBoxer

This will re-generate the file and hopefully restore functionality for you :)
<<

Arryth

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:12 pm

Your solution worked perfectly. Thank you for getting back to me so quickly, and nailing it on the first shot. :)

Return to General