FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Keymapping and repeater regions, video fix.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Dora

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:09 pm

Keymapping and repeater regions, video fix.

Playing wow, I am multiboxing five characters.
One computer, all on the same monitor.

I have key mapped ctrl-up to move the four slaves forwards, and ctrl-down to move them backwards. Alt-F is follow (default).
If I hit ctrl-up or ctrl-down whilst the mouse is over the normal part of the window, the characters move as expected.

I have a repeater region, and a few video fixes.
If I mouse over the repeater region, and hit ctrl-up, the slaves move forwards,
but if I hit ctrl-down the slaves don't move.

If I mouse over the video fix for the healer (healium), and hit ctrl-up, all slave move forwards.
If I hit ctrl-down all slaves except the healer move backwards.
IF I hit alt-F whilst over the healer area, the healer does not start following, which has led to a very few frustrating moments, especially in combat.

What am I doing wrong?

Thankyou for your time.
<<

Dora

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:01 pm

Re: Keymapping and repeater regions, video fix.

Reply to my own post.

I have ctrl-down maped so "S" on the slaves.

On the slaves keymapping, ctrl-S mean toggle sound settings.
Hitting ctrl-down maps onto ctrl-S on the slaves.
If I unmap ctrl-S to sound on slaves, ctrl-down moves them back.

Now just the Alt-F issue, as it does not seem to be bound to an action in WOW
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Alt+F not bound to anything in the game, Alt+F is key mapped to send <something>+F11. (<something> is set per Slot in your Character Set, and is called FTL Modifiers. This is used to make unique /follow and /assist for each window)

What might be happening is if Repeat is enabled at the time (such as from a Repeater Region or interactive Video FX), the Alt is getting passed because you are holding it down and broadcasting it separately. So it might end up being Alt+<Something>+F11. If you're in window 1 or 2 it'll end up Alt+[left or right] Shift+F11, which might correspond to following a different character (or nobody).

You could give it a Hotkey without a modifier, and avoid this problem entirely if that is what's happening
<<

Dora

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:53 pm

lax wrote:Alt+F not bound to anything in the game, Alt+F is key mapped to send <something>+F11. (<something> is set per Slot in your Character Set, and is called FTL Modifiers. This is used to make unique /follow and /assist for each window)

What might be happening is if Repeat is enabled at the time (such as from a Repeater Region or interactive Video FX), the Alt is getting passed because you are holding it down and broadcasting it separately. So it might end up being Alt+<Something>+F11. If you're in window 1 or 2 it'll end up Alt+[left or right] Shift+F11, which might correspond to following a different character (or nobody).

That seems to be what is happening.

lax wrote:You could give it a Hotkey without a modifier, and avoid this problem entirely if that is what's happening

Ok. I tried "F" on its own, which works, but stops F being used for anything else. e.g. I cannot say in trade "WTB Fish Feast", it will come out as "WTB ish east", even with key maps off. I am currently using "\".

Can I suggest that if you have 9 or less characters in a character set, you have an option to completely ignore one of the modifiers. e.g. If you ignore Alt you will get

/follow [mod:lshift,nomod:ctrl]Dorá;[mod:rshift,nomod:ctrl]Dóra;[nomod:shift,mod:lctrl]Dórá;

Instead of

/follow [nomod:alt,mod:lshift,nomod:ctrl]Dorá;[nomod:alt,mod:rshift,nomod:ctrl]Dóra;[nomod:alt,nomod:shift,mod:lctrl]Dórá;

Ignoring one modifier would still give 9 combinations
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:08 pm

Usually I'd recommend mapping a key like End or F1 or something that you don't need to type constantly, and then the generic Key Maps toggle (Shift+Alt+M) is a convenient way to alter its behavior.

You can manually remove Alt as one of the FTL modifiers on a per-slot basis in your Character Set, and then if I recall correctly it should try to ignore the modifier. If not, then okay fair enough. ;)

Return to General