FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

only 1 wow client launches

Moderator: MiRai

<<

djcoin

Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:46 am

only 1 wow client launches

ive been trying everything to get this thing to work. when i select character sets it only launches 1 client and no more. i was looking around the forum and the only possible thing listed that might be effecting it is some software im using that is interfering but i have almost nothing downloaded on this computer worth noting besides wow.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:17 am

Re: only 1 wow client launches

The most common answer to this specific question (only one ___ launched) -- especially if the one game that is launched has Inner Space's FPS and memory indicators -- is that you launched the game's "Default Profile" through Inner Space, which just launches one instance of the game without ISBoxer. But assuming that's not the case...

http://isboxer.com/wiki/Console
Use the main Inner Space console to help determine the problem. When you select your Character Set for launch, ISBoxer outputs information about what it is doing to this Console.

If you can't figure it out yourself from that information, then a) paste me the bottom 5-6 lines or so of the Console from when you select your Character Set, and b) show me your ISBoxer config (see "How to share your configuration" sticky post)
<<

djcoin

Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:36 am

|
| 11:25:58 ISBoxer: Preparing to launch Character Set 'hi'
| 11:25:58 ISBoxer: Settings imported from ISBoxerToolkit.GeneralSettings.XML
| 11:25:58 ISBoxer: Making sure Characters in Character Set 'hi' are valid...
| 11:25:58 ISBoxer: Good!
| 11:25:58 ISBoxer: Launching Character Set 'hi' ...
| 11:25:58 ISBoxer: Launching Slot 1 Character 'Huntardbox-Kel'Thuzad'
Successfully executed '"C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe" -d3d11'.
| 11:28:58 ISBoxer: Character from Set 'hi' not fully launched after 3 minutes. Select
again to continue launching additional slots.
| 11:28:58 ISBoxer: Instructions completed.

http://www.privatepaste.com/afe4dde18f
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:49 am

Okay great, so we just verified that you're launching your Character Set, it's trying to launch WoW, and isn't recognizing the first one that came up (most likely due to software interference). And it's not your config.

So, next up is Hijack This! logs as described in What to do if ISBoxer, or your game, will not launch or the simplified version as follows:
1. In ISBoxer, in the Help menu, select "Diagnostics for game crashes"
2. Follow the instructions (launch wow so it's at the login screen, select wow from drop-down box, click Generate Diagnostics)
3. Paste to privatepaste.com and link it for me
<<

djcoin

Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:55 am

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:13 pm

Looks like it's either Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or AVG2012, and I would lean toward the Anti-Malware program as many people use AVG with this just fine. Can you try shutting down Anti-Malware and see if that helps? It runs a service even if the program is still running, which means you'd either have to uninstall it to test this, or make sure the service gets shut down (under Administrative Tools control panel there's a Services tool that you can use to shut it down)

Also, I would have preferred to see the diagnostics without Inner Space :)
<<

djcoin

Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:22 pm

not antimalware just uninstalled, and i disabled all the functions on avg and still not loading more than 1 wow.
<<

djcoin

Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:51 pm

doesnt matter anyway, i just found out i cant invite people on trial accounts and i dont want to pay for 5. can you run this program without inviting all accounts into a group? if not then sorry for wasting your time.

Return to General