FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem with slaves not assisting properly...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hotnutz

Post Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:58 pm

Problem with slaves not assisting properly...

Okay, I thought I had this problem solved when I discussed it in IRC the other day but I am still randomly having this issue.

What is happening is sometimes when i spam my main damage FTL key "2" or any other one, it works fine, but randomly it will start to not assist the main and just target my slaves and cycle through them, causing them to not attack my target. The only way they stop this behavior is if I manually go to any one of the slaves windows and select the target, then they will all attack it like normal.

Here is my config http://www.privatepaste.com/a5fd4d58af

Lax said everything looked ok last time, but I have since completely deleted it, and used the wizard to set everything up. the only thing that has been changed in ISBoxer is in the formations to correct the movement for the flying V formation, and I added a couple of repeater regions in game for healing.

I thought it was possibly a new addon I had installed causing problems, but I have disabled all of my addons and it is still doing the same thing. I have also made sure that alt+bacspace or shift+ backspace (whichever it was) is unbound in my in game keybindings, I have even completly reset my in game keybinds to default. This problem has only started occuring in the last few days, it worked flawlessly beforehand.

I do understand it is most likely something I have changed to cause this but I have done everything I can think of to back trace my steps and make sure nothing is changed that would cause this. I'm complelty stumped.

Also if it helps at all, when they cycle through targeting my party members, they are all targeting the same party member at the same time, then the next etc. So it seems they are performing some kind of assist on a party member but acting like each keypress is also doing the keybind of target previous party member or something to that effect., I have also made sure to unbind the in game keybinds that do that action and it still does it. And when this issue happens it is my 4 slave windows (toons) targeting the party members, never my active main.

Anyways I appreciate you guys taking the time to look at this and maybe someone will think of something that I have not.

(EDIT: Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I am not sure of the issue is game specific)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:29 am

Re: Problem with slaves not assisting properly...

Again, your pasted config looks 100% normal and I see absolutely nothing special about 2 or any of the other DPS keys. If this happens with vanilla key bindings (reset to default in wow) and this config, then it's either one of your Addons or whatever macro is on your 2 button in the game.

There is a related issue in WoW but I don't think it quite matches your description. The issue I'm thinking of is that WoW will automatically select a target (and not the one you want, mind you) for combat abilities if you have a corpse targeted and try to cast. To avoid this, you can use a macro like:
Code:
/stopmacro [dead] [noharm] [noexists]
/cast lightning bolt

This way your character won't attempt to cast lightning bolt unless it has a target that can be attacked with lightning bolt, so WoW won't automatically pick a target.
<<

hotnutz

Post Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:15 pm

Re: Problem with slaves not assisting properly...

This actually fixed it :D Thanks alot man I appreciate the help. I didn't think it was a problem with ISBoxer, that's what was confusing the heck out of me lol.

Return to General