FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FPS Issue

Moderator: MiRai

<<

blb078

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:06 am

FPS Issue

I'm 4 boxing in EQ1. I just set up ISBoxer a couple days ago and that all went good. I have my screens set to one main screen w/3 smaller screens at the bottom on my monitor. I seem to have an FPS issue though. For example yesterday when I had all 4 running 2 of them in the same zone next to each other one would get 30ish FPS when put on my main screen and the other would only get 10ish FPS when put on my main screen. These two characters were standing right next to each other, none of the combat effects and stuff on. My system is an intel pentium dual core, 2.80ghz. 64 bit win 7, 4gb ddr3, nvidia geforce 430gt(128bit, 1gb ddr3), 1920/1080 resolution
I've heard some people say assign a core to each function which i'm not sure what that means/familiar with. I don't really have much running on this pc, another thing i noticed is that I start ISBoxer I get the popup that my cpu is not running at full speed. It shows my current speed at 1597, and max at 2800. So I go to adjust the min/max and put both at 100% and it turns they both were already set at 100%, so I adjust it down, then back up to 100% on each and try again and I still get the popup.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:15 am

Re: FPS Issue

another thing i noticed is that I start ISBoxer I get the popup that my cpu is not running at full speed. It shows my current speed at 1597, and max at 2800. So I go to adjust the min/max and put both at 100% and it turns they both were already set at 100%, so I adjust it down, then back up to 100% on each and try again and I still get the popup.

ISBoxer is giving information from the current power state of the CPU. Are you sure you're looking at the processor speed setting for the power profile that Windows currently has active? Each power profile has its own copy of the setting -- "Power saver" for example would be expected to have a lower speed setting than "High performance". You may be able to just select the high performance power profile.

I'm 4 boxing in EQ1. I just set up ISBoxer a couple days ago and that all went good. I have my screens set to one main screen w/3 smaller screens at the bottom on my monitor. I seem to have an FPS issue though. For example yesterday when I had all 4 running 2 of them in the same zone next to each other one would get 30ish FPS when put on my main screen and the other would only get 10ish FPS when put on my main screen. These two characters were standing right next to each other, none of the combat effects and stuff on. My system is an intel pentium dual core, 2.80ghz. 64 bit win 7, 4gb ddr3, nvidia geforce 430gt(128bit, 1gb ddr3), 1920/1080 resolution
I've heard some people say assign a core to each function which i'm not sure what that means/familiar with. I don't really have much running on this pc

The default CPU Strategy settings might have dedicated one CPU core to your "master" (the one you expect to lead with). This would put the other 3 instances on the other CPU core. I would expect the "master" to perform much better than the others in this scenario. If your CPU is performing at 2800MHz you'd expect about 933MHz per instance, but if it's only performing at 1600MHz (as ISBoxer is suggesting) that only leaves about 533MHz per instance.

You can use the CPU Strategy Wizard (from the Wizards menu) to adjust the CPU strategy for your Character Set. In the properties box in the wizard, try changing the "Master slot" setting to "<NO SLOT>". You can leave the rest the same and it'll do basic round-robin balancing. This will put 2 instances on each CPU, at about 1400MHz or 800MHz per instance depending on your CPU power.
<<

blb078

Post Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:00 pm

Re: FPS Issue

You can use the CPU Strategy Wizard (from the Wizards menu) to adjust the CPU strategy for your Character Set. In the properties box in the wizard, try changing the "Master slot" setting to "<NO SLOT>". You can leave the rest the same and it'll do basic round-robin balancing. This will put 2 instances on each CPU, at about 1400MHz or 800MHz per instance depending on your CPU power.

This was default at No Slot and has been at that the entire time, so I changed it to Slot1, and hit finished, went back in right away and it shows No Slot again as if it didn't save

Return to General