FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FTL auto assist driving me bonkers

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Tom Smug

Post Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:03 pm

FTL auto assist driving me bonkers

So, I set my team up using the quick wizard dealie. Now, the FTL auto assist works like, 50% of the time. The other half of the time, it just has all windows cept the main window target a random party member (all of them choose the same one, but its random). But, the other half of the time it works nicely, I push an attack button, all my slave windows target what the main window is targeting and attacks. Any ideas why this is happening? I don't wanna have to end up turning it off, cuz its pretty great when it does work.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:47 am

Re: FTL auto assist driving me bonkers

FTL Assist Me just fires an /assist macro, in order to *target a party member* that party member would have to be targeted by whoever's being assisted.

Usually the only way this will happen is if you've added some new keys and used the wrong target for the auto-assist. For example, say you followed the guide on how to add a new auto-assisting and broadcasting hotkey, to add Alt+1. But instead of putting Window:Current for the FTL Assist Me part (which would be correct), you put Window:All w/o Current. Now, what this does is tell each other window to act like he should be the one assisted, so window 1 sends the instruction to the other windows to assist him, window 2 sends the instruction to the other windows to assist him, window 3 sends the instruction to the other windows to assist him, and so on -- so in the end each guy selects a random guy's target.

To solve this for you, I would need to see your configuration. There's a "How to share your config" sticky at the top of each of the forums that explains how to show it to me
<<

Tom Smug

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:42 am

Thank you for the response lax. The thing is, it happens with buttons like, 1, 2, 3. Things that were set up through the quick start wizard. I will investigate to see if somehow some of the things got changed and will post my config this evening after work.

Thanks again!
<<

Tom Smug

Post Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:45 pm

ok, so I looked at em, and they are set to target : Windowcurrent, mappedkey : ftl assist me.

But, here is a copy of my config anyways.

http://www.privatepaste.com/db770c39be
<<

Tom Smug

Post Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:20 pm

=( Guess no help for me.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:18 am

Sorry.

Your ISBoxer config looks ok. Are you sure you don't have an addon or a macro that might have added some sort of targeting to what happens in the game when you press 1, 2, or 3?
<<

Tom Smug

Post Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:54 am

Only addons I really use : Carbonite, Deadly Boss Mods, Atlas, Enchantrix, Portal Broker. I think thats about it. I don't use any UI mods or anything like that at this point.

Also, Im noticing that for some reason shift+alt+i is only inviting one of my slave's to a group (while 4 boxing).

The issue doesnt just happen with the 1,2,3. I also have lets say, Alt+t as interact with target on all my characters. Master window, I select an npc, hit alt+t and the window opens up, meanwhile, my slaves are either doing nothing, or randomly selecting other people in the group. I have to deselect and reselect the npc 1-3 times, each time trying alt+t before my slaves do what they are supposed to do. Same thing with the 1,2,3 buttons. I would have to deselect and reselect the mob several times on my master before the slaves would assist with it. Could this be an issue with some kinda lag between the windows or something like that?

And just fyi, I have remade profiles for them, and this has happened for several different teams of various sizes, from 2-4 in the group.

My 7 day trial runs out today and was hoping to get this atleast somewhat sorted out before I made that decision to purchase additional time. If you are truly stumped as well, I think I will just have to set up some various macros to sort of get the same effect.

On a side note though, the software is pretty awesome, and the mouse broadcasting is great, which puts it ahead of the others I've tried so far.

Return to General