FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[WoW] Character set failed to load

Moderator: MiRai

<<

JenkinBehnken

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:36 pm

Character set failed to load

I did try searching to forum, but the search kept preventing me (too many common words). So my apologies if this is redundant... but...

Background: I used ISBoxer Quick Setup Wizard, and then I fine tuned the keymaps after reading up on posts written by Ualaa and others (for melee IWT, etc).

Problem: After saving and exporting to IS, I right-clicked the IS icon in the system tray>> ISBoxer Character Sets >> My character set. However, nothing loads.

Description: At first, I received a Windows 123 error (regarding the "\" key). After having fun with google, I realized it was a filepath error. So I went into the Configuration of InnerSpace to determine if the WoW executable extension was correct (especially for any incorrect slashes). It seemed correct, but I still kept getting the error. Finally, I made own profile and typed the extensions myself. I no longer receive the Windows 123 error, but after clicking on "my character set", WoW does not load. It will load if I right-click IS (on sys tray) and go to the game profile (above ISBoxer Character Sets).

I did stumble upon this previous post: Great Fix, but not for me

After checking: A) ISBoxer is in the same folder as IS; B)No computers created (only running one rig); C)I have only installed IS/ISBoxer one time (to the same destination).

Please let me know your thoughts. Also, let me know if you need any further information. Thanks!

TL;DR: Character set will not load in IS, even though file path correct. Please help![/url]
<<

Valerian

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: Character set failed to load

JenkinBehnken wrote:Finally, I made own profile and typed the extensions myself.

Make sure your characters in ISBoxer are all using the new profile you created, and re-export. The character set Inner Space is trying to load for the set may still be the old non-working profile.
<<

JenkinBehnken

Post Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: Character set failed to load

Valerian wrote:
JenkinBehnken wrote:Finally, I made own profile and typed the extensions myself.

Make sure your characters in ISBoxer are all using the new profile you created, and re-export. The character set Inner Space is trying to load for the set may still be the old non-working profile.

Excellent! This solved it! Somehow they lost the profile. Thanks again! =)

Return to General